What's new

Terminally obnoxious advertising

Yup ... for me it's pretty much every shaving commercial on TV. My dislike of these ads was the catalyst for me ending up here at B&B. A good thing came of it. Hah.

Ah yes. The main reason I will build my next pc is to integrate the pvr functions. I already have Dish Networks' pvr and it is alright. They just want too much money to upgrade my current equipment. About $350. So I will build an HTPC using one of the Linux + Myth distributions. Oh, and the OS costs nothing. I'm serious lads. Once you get used to pausing live tv so you can answer a call or attend to the loo, not to mention the ease of time shifting, you will never want regular television again.

I bought a TV card and have been running Myth + Fedora for about a year. I'll never go back. You can subscribe to their scheduling service for $20 /year (yes, I said year)

The commercial skip is one of the best parts. I don't have it set to automatic yet, but it flags "commercial" on the screen, and I press "z" to send me to the movie / show again.

I'm thinking of buying a cheap desktop CPU unit to put downstairs with wireless, and use that exclusively for Myth.

Top Bottom