What's new

Tattoos anyone?

My ex (who is still a friend of mine) tatooed a bear over his heart when we were first dating. It meant so much to me that I still get tears thinking of it. I have asked him if he regrets it now that we are no longer together and he swears it is still one of the most special things he has.

Does anyone remember the Ray Bradbury story and especially the movie The Illustrated Man? The movie starred Rod Steiger.

Now there were some tattoos.

I got tattoed when I was 18. Thankfully I can cover up my tattoo very easily and very few people actually know I have one. I wish I didn't get it now, but thankfully I can cover it up.

mrs. chefchris said:
Supposedly it means "power".

There is a corny girly reason I choose it. No I'm not telling you.
I confirm the character 勢 conveys the idea of force, energy, vigour.

I've always wondered if folk in the Far East tattoo arbitrary words and phrases in English upon their person. Perhaps they use Futhark runes for that added aura of mystery and intrigue? :wink:

I personally make no apologies or excuses for my tattoos. I had them done because I like them and each one represents something significant in my life. One is from my military service, one is a stylized Celtic Cross that represents the spiritual nature, one is a Native American shield with an eagle peering out of it and represents my Native American heritage (my paternal grandmother was full blooded Apache), and the final one, over my heart, bears the name of a person who was quite special to me.

While I would never want to be covered in tattoos as some people do, I also would not presume to judge them on something so superficial. There are far more significant things about a person upon which to base an opinion than whether or not they appreciate the ancient art of tattooing.

this is one i received about three years ago. i have a tribal sun on my left arm.

the pic was taken right after i took the bandage off upon returning home.

s~s

I feel the same way as MasonM... I've got six tattoos at the moment, with definite desires and plans for more...

Mama Bear said:
Chagadiel has GOT to post a picture of the dragon on his back.. It is unbelievable... I have to get to work but I am going to check back, I am dying to see this tattoo again!!! It cost me a puck of soap sent to Europe to see this and was worth every penny..... :blushing: :biggrin:

Bear Hugs!

Sue (Mama Bear)

I could never turn down a Lady. As you requested Sue, here are the pics :biggrin:

Top Bottom