What's new

Talcum for daily use info.

Found a bottle of King talc today and picked it up. It's was on for $5.00. Which is a tad cheaper than the clubman. I forgot about the red dye in the clubman talc and figured I'd look at the ingredients on this one. Says "D&C Red No. 27". It's made by the same company that makes barbicide. This one has a lighter scent than Pinaud...almost baby powder-esque. It's not bad though.

I'm curious about the talcum powder. Do you just rub it all over or only on the face? I've been eyeballing the Pinaud Talc but have no idea what I would do with it.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the talcum powder. Do you just rub it all over or only on the face? I've been eyeballing the Pinaud Talc but have no idea what I would do with it.
Use it for the body, after a shower all over or to keep the bait and tackle dry.

I use talc daily on the body. It's great for keeping dry. I have used it as an aftershave as well. I just put a tiny shake in my hands, rub them together, and rub it into face and neck. The clubman white talc is what I used. It blended very well and was not noticeable. There are also flesh colored talcum powder made for aftershave, but I have not tried it.

When I first started DE shaving I would give myself a lot of razor burn. Talc was really good at making the burn stop immediately. It is also good for reducing shine on your face/ forehead. Great if you wear a collar and your aftershave leaves neck skin a bit tacky. You need very little on your hand to apply. It is not something I put on my face daily.

Works wonders around the neck in the summer months: no moisture or oiliness about the neck and collars don't rub or chafe.

For bait & tackle powder, I'd recommend balla or grooming lounge super powder:

Attachments

• $image.jpeg
    $image.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 98
Which talc do you find best for the neck?
I use Penhaligon's but I'm not sure that I really understand the question. Talc is, well, talc. The primary differences between the brands is scent, isn't it?

I use Penhaligon's but I'm not sure that I really understand the question. Talc is, well, talc. The primary differences between the brands is scent, isn't it?
For the most part. Some have colorant and can mess up a nice white collar. I should have been more specific. Thank you. I have not tried Penhaligon's. I will put it on my list.

I just checked some of my talcs. None of them except Clubman contain colorants. Imperial Leather, Cinthol, Yardley Sandalwood, and Mysore Sandal all have the standard ingredients, no color.

Got it.
From a personal experience, I tend to use Blenheim Bouquet as the scent is not very obtrusive and compliments other summer scents.
My favorite talc scent is English Fern which they aren't currently making but should do so again in the future.
Happy experimenting.

Got it.
From a personal experience, I tend to use Blenheim Bouquet as the scent is not very obtrusive and compliments other summer scents.
My favorite talc scent is English Fern which they aren't currently making but should do so again in the future.
Happy experimenting.
Very good. Thanks

I just checked my Clubman talc after reading this and you're right...red dye. Why in the world would they have that in the regular talc? For the "flesh" colored version I can understand, but the regular one? Is it subtly pink instead of pure white?

Doesn't make any sense. But thanks for the heads up!

I never really noticed it using it myself. Used it on my 2 year old son once when we were out of Johnson & Johnson. Freaked us out a little bit when there was pinkish residue all over his diaper.

The pink color in the Clubman talc is pretty light. I use it daily. I think it's pink to be more neutral and disappear against most things. If it was white, it'd make your skin look like a ghost, and would show up more on clothing if it got on them.

The Normal Clubman talc has no color, pure white and does smell like classic Clubman, I've been using it for a year, it stops skin irritation from dress shirts for work.

Top Bottom