taharris
Where do you live?
Ohio
What is your age (or) generation?
What are you in the real world?
Chemical Engineer
What is your favorite shave setup?
I'm still trying to figure that out. :)
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
I am a custom smoking pipe maker.

What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I'm a really nice guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Gillette tech razor that I picked up at an antique shop a few weeks ago.

I have used three times now and I am starting to really like DE shaving, but I'm not sure this is the right razor for me.

I am using this razor with an inexpensive brush, a bar of shaving soap and some DE blades that I picked up at a local drug store.

My beard is very tough and my skin is somewhat sensitive, so I am thinking I should pick up an adjustable razor so I can play around with the cut.

Any advice on a good adjustable razor would be welcomed. I am leaning towards the Merkur Progress or Vision.

Todd

Welcome Todd! It's great to have you. For an adjustable I'd go with a vintage Gillette. A fatboy, slim, or black beauty would be great if you don't mind an older razor. I have all three and I love them.

Greetings and welcome to the Hall of Fame and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.

Hi Todd
^TSTemplar +1
A user grade Gillette adjustable can be had for less than a new adjustable. I have a Merkur Progress adjustable, it is a fine razor. I like the feel of the Gillette Adjustable better, but that is just me. I know the Vision has love from users here too.

Thanks for the introduction! Looking forward to reading your adventures!

Last edited:
Top Bottom