What's new

Susan Darnell Vitos Sapone Extra Super

The only current issue with Vitos is its availability. This soap is quite hard to find, even here in Italy. I'm sorry, but I have no answer about the US market.

You can order it from www.cosmeticishop.it if you know Italian.

You don't *have* to know Italian, just enough of the context to search for "vitos" and find the right picture.

5.50 Euro + Flat rate 15.00 Euro shipping...So buy a lot and save. I put 10 in my cart and it was still 15.00 Euro shipping.

Last time this site was not ready for foreign buyers, the rates were for Italians. 10 kilos from Italy to the US for 15 euros seems impossible to me. I had to pay 30 euros last time for 2 kilos, and I am in Europe... But it seems to give different prices for shipping this time. But still 15 euros for 10k to the US :confused1 It does name an Italian transporter with that rate...

There are a bunch for sale on the Italian eBay site, ebay.it. I logged-in with my eBay account and the shipping came up to be 35 Euro and the product itself was being sold for anywhere from 4-12 Euro.

Last time this site was not ready for foreign buyers, the rates were for Italians. 10 kilos from Italy to the US for 15 euros seems impossible to me. I had to pay 30 euros last time for 2 kilos, and I am in Europe... But it seems to give different prices for shipping this time. But still 15 euros for 10k to the US :confused1 It does name an Italian transporter with that rate...

I don't speak Italian, so I could very well be wrong.

Maybe an Italian speaking member could shoot an email to them and see what they can do for shipping to the US.

EDIT: I checked it out...the shipping options online are only local pickup, COD, best way, and overnight.

EDIT 2: though, the shipping services offered were offered after I put in my address...I wonder..hmmm...I emailed them asking if they speak English and if they would consider doing a large purchase/shipment to the States.

Last edited:
Great review, as always. One question, though: how did an Italian soapmaker wind up with the name "Susan Darnell" ? Sounds like a midwestern gal from the '40s.

Thank you, Jim. I think you would really love this soft soap. It's a super performer, it's cheap, it's Italian. How can you avoid purchasing it? :wink2:
Quite simple: it contains benzaldehyde, and my skin doesn't tolerate benzaldehyde. :cursing: Folks who couldn't handle P.160 or Col. Conk Almond won't be able to handle Vitos as well. It's as simple as pie, really.

Honestly, almonds are a good fragrance, but why does. Nearly. Every. Damn. Italian. Soft. Soap. Have to smell of them :mad2: ? Valobra makes a menthol edition, yes, but I'm not crazy about menthol either, and by the time I got wise to the existence of a limited ‘balsamo’ edition the supplier was out of stock already .

I do not have info on the exact proportions. Anyhow Vitos Extra Super seems much more similar to P.160 rather than Cella.

I would say that the green label Vitos is more similar to Cella than P160. Maybe that's the reason they have both products. Two separate soaps for two variations in preference of the customers.

I really like Cella & P.160 but this is my favorite Italian soap. Valobra is ok too but I perfer the others. I can't imagine the how the super could be better but I'm willing to try if anyone has a source.

proxy.php

You would think that Marco being the friend and all he would give you some advance notice before writing a review so you could have some on the way when the demand hits. :thumbup:

Marco is a true Gentleman. I value our friendship and I would never ask (or want) that from him.

We are very luck to have Marco at B&B; he has been (and continues to be) hugely supportive of me and an inspiration for my little web-store.

Last edited:
I only see the green on ebay, not the red. The shipping charges are outrageous, even within Europe. Too bad.

Ah, you're right about the red/green. Interesting.

Well, I think that what they are doing vis-a-vis the shipping charges is only charging a relatively nominal "for sale" price for which they pay a commission to eBay and then gouging on the "shipping" price for which they pay no commission to eBay. :glare:

I used the "Contattaci" link on the Cosmetici Shop webpage and wrote this:
are you able to ship to America?

They responded with:
buongiorno si è possibile spedire tutto bisogna solo verificare i costi di spedizione, distinti saluti

hello you can send everything you just check the shipping costs, best regards

So, I guess that means they will ship to America for 10Euros.

I would consider a group buy (after running it by a Mod of course), but if Joseph is going to carry it soon, it might no be worth it.

I used the "Contattaci" link on the Cosmetici Shop webpage and wrote this:

They responded with:

So, I guess that means they will ship to America for 10Euros.

I would consider a group buy (after running it by a Mod of course), but if Joseph is going to carry it soon, it might no be worth it.

No, I think that means they do not know the cost (same as last time) and you have to ask them to find out. Last time it was 64 euros to Brazil for 3 kilos (soap and some extras). That member cancelled the order.

See the previous thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=166374&highlight=p.160&page=6

Last edited:
Well, I think that what they are doing vis-a-vis the shipping charges is only charging a relatively nominal "for sale" price for which they pay a commission to eBay and then gouging on the "shipping" price for which they pay no commission to eBay. :glare:

This is a common practice. I have seen items where the shipping was actually more than the item itself. I have seen $25.00 shipping charges when I knew it did not cost him more than $5.00

Sent Susan Darnell an inquiry about a retailer in North America and this was the reply:

thanks for your interest in our article, we are improving the agreement with a distributor in Canada for the North American market. defined as soon as we will send you the contacts of the same.
Yours faithfully
giorgio caserza

Distributor in Canada? Let me take a wild guess on that one, hahaha....Can't wait.

Top Bottom