What's new

Superlathers: What are your favorites?

I tried Williams for the second time tonight. I'm no expert yet, but do see how it is more finicky than my other soaps. I added a small drop of my wife's Trader Joe's Mango Shave Cream and that perked it right up!

I have a sample of the new Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol. I'm going to put a dab of it on Mike's Unscented for tonight's superlather. Oooh, I think this is going to be good.

I have a sample of the new Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol. I'm going to put a dab of it on Mike's Unscented for tonight's superlather. Oooh, I think this is going to be good.

It was good. Eucalyptus isn't my favorite scent, but the lather was absolutely first-class. Overall scent was an interesting mix of Mike's Unscented (which has its own vaguely soapy smell), traces of Mike's Rose & Cedarwood that had been mixed in with the Unscented, plus the eucalyptus and menthol. I think I'm going to do it again tonight!

On a whim last week I added a small glop of Palmolive Menthol to my QCS Rose Otto. Wonderful lather and an icy kick to the rose smell. Even the SWMBO noticed and liked the combination.

Here are a few I like to mix:

D.R.H Harris Almond soap + EJ Sandalwood
D.R.H Harris Almond soap + TOBS Jermyn St.
TOBS Violet soap + Proraso
TOBS Violet soap + GFT Rose
MWF + Proraso

Ok, so I normally don't superlather...but this morning while I was in the shower I thought about giving it a try again. I wanted something a little out there. I thought about the soaps and creams I have (of which I only have a few), and I figured I would combine Crabtree & Evelyn's Nomad shaving cream with Mystic Water's Lily of the Valley shaving soap. Here's what I did:

Crabtree & Evelyn's Nomad shaving cream

+

Mystic Water's Lily of the Valley soap

Swirl and load your brush with the Mystic Water Lily of the Valley, then start whipping up your lather in the bowl.

Once you establish a decent lather, add a small amount of C&E Nomad cream in the bowl--something like a little less than half an almond sized snurdle. You don't want too much of the Nomad, as it tends to overpower anything else.
Add a few drops of water and start swirling and whipping the whole thing together.

What you end up getting is pretty neat and really out there. It's a woody, peppery, somewhat smoky Lily of the Valley. I call the concoction Desert Lily. :biggrin1:

If you have those items, give it a try and see what you think!

Haslinger shave soap pucks, especially the coconut. Tallow-based, effortless production in terms of rich lather.

Don't use any hard soaps.

Mainly creams:

Castle Forbes: Lime or Lavender
Truefitt & Hill 1805
D R Harris Arlington
Coat's LE tee tree
GeoF Trumpers Lime
TBS Macca Root
La Toya

Charles U.K

I only have one cream right now and have never tried a superlather but I just sniffed my AoS cream with all my Italian soaps and it smells like some good combinations would be...

AoS Ocean Kelp combined with:
-Cella
-RR Cumba Cheech
-RR Don Marco

I think I will try one of these soon.

I have been using the palmolive stick I have milled in a bowl and TOBS rose cream. That is really slick, moreso than the cella and proraso cream which is my alternate combo.

Top Bottom