What's new

Strop wall anchor advice

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
How do you anchor your hanging strop? I think I want an eyelet that screws into a stud in the wall, but I want something nicer than your standard hardware store zinc plated eyelet. Right now I only have the Poorman's strop so it isn't that much of an issue, but I intend to get a nice one, which probably attaches with a snap link and want a more refined solution. Any suggestions and where to find? Tied to the door knob or towel rack need not apply.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I have a nice brass clothes hook at shoulder height, and a crappy zinc one at waist height. To be honest, I have found allowing the strop to sag a bit in the middle lessens the draw on my TM latigo to a nice creamy draw, and allows for super smooth stropping like never before when I used the pull the strop tight as a drum...
proxy.php

proxy.php

We are going to rebuild my house soon, so no use in upgrading the lower hook, but when I do it again I will use the brass for all hooks...you dont need anything heavy duty, and no need for a closed loop also , IMO....keep on stroppin'!

Check out the bath section of your big box home improvement store.

They sell lots and lots of hooks in beautiful styles, made for hanging bathrobes and such.

I found a really pretty one that looks like white porcelain.

Last edited:
I went with the brass one, and like you i went right in to the stud, it really does make for a super solid place to work from. I found all kinds of different sizes at the ace store. went with closed loop and very happy.

Ian

Last edited:
Top Bottom