What's new

straight razor case/holder/rack

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can pick up a straight razor
holder like the one shown here? Many thanks.

$sl-08.jpg

Only one I have personally seen commercially made like that is from Theirs Issard. Straight Razor Place, Knife Center, Amazon, Classic Shaving and a few other places have them. They are pretty pricey though. Average $100 and up.

Cheaper route would be to make one yourself using a cigar box.

She made a bunch for a straight razor meeting. [MENTION=74217]miguel[/MENTION]: thanks for the picture of that case, didn't know about that one!

One of the things you can look for on the cheap are cigar boxes that hold individual cigars. Some of the higher end cigars will come in those type boxes.. A few years ago Cohiba was selling glass tubed cigars of multiple sizes in a divided box. San Cristobal I believe has a divided cigar box as well..

I do know in my neck of the woods the cigar stores put most of the empty boxes out front and sell them for like $5 or so. Give it a try.

That Smallflower box looks pretty cool, but it looks like the scales will sit on the bottom of the box. The old 7DS boxes raised the scales from the bottom so that just the steel tang and pivot end touch the box. For natural scales, especially tortoise and ivory, I hesitate to put the razors in something where they rest on the scales and can wiggle about when the box is moved. Maybe I'm being overly cautious, but . . . .

Top Bottom