What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Mail call yesterday. Shoulderless J.R. Torrey and a two-tone Geo. Worstenholm. Didn't know the GW was going to be multicolored, but I doubt that will affect the shave. :tongue_smSorry about pic quality, just took these quick w/ cell phone.

$20160725_182656.jpg

$20160725_182723.jpg

timwcic

"Look what I found"
Two fresh out of my restro garage.
F. W. Engels and MK30 in ivory.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 118
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 117
Pair of ERN's off the bay. Might have to send them off to Doc.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 113
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 113
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 113
This one showed up yesterday afternoon. I love the patina on the blade, but will probably clean up the scales a bit and then drop it off for honing.

I've also bid on at least 3 Goldedge's, but keep getting sniped at the last second...

-WRM

So I came across this faux frameback razor from Fredick Reynolds. Seller stated that the piece has been part of of a display collection from the Civil War for the past 20+ years. Whether this is true or not, I still think it is a pretty cool looking razor. I know the pictures are subpar but I am hoping it cleans up okay with a little bit of elbow grease. I put in a low ball offer and it got auto accepted to my surprise.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Kropp 7/8 that looks immaculate. First 7/8 I own. Sharp but not shave ready. Came from a vendor in France who had a few 7/8 and some 1" Kropps. The 1" went out of my willing to bid range. No pics because I'm not that savvy at pic posting. Just a basic big round point Kropp. I'll put it to some hones and get it going before I go back to work Friday.

Got this guy last week and sent it off to mycarver to make it look nice and pretty again. Waiting to see it complete before deciding if it's staying in my collection or if I put it up for adoption haha.

8/8 Dubl Duck goldedge

$0725162028_HDR.jpg

Newest to the stables, needs some cleanup and bevel looks good a bit of honing and she will be ready to enter the rotatio.

Genco Easy Aces

proxy.php

Top Bottom