What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Legion

Staff member
proxy.php

The listing said NOS, although for obvious reasons I have my doubts about that. Still, I'm excited to hone and shave with it. This will probably be the last shaving purchase I make for a long time other than the occasional trade.

Yeah yeah. I keep telling myself that as well.

Jerome,

Those scales look like they are made out of M3 composite material. I have found M3 to be kind of brittle. Are they a composite material? If so you might ask the maker about the brittleness. Sure is a pretty razor.

I've ben thinking about pullingnthe trigger on one of the TI La Légende series, what with the sales on Fendrihan. Has anyone else used one? Impressions?

Cannot comment on shave, but seemed like a good deal when I got it. $285 down to $199. Mine was the #7. Funny thing is it went up to $259 after I purchased mine. Not sure if they give so many with 30-40% off and then remaining stock they give10% off???just seemed weird as the rest are still on sale. Shipped from Canada to Florida in a week. I was pleased with the experience. Really like the look of the razor as it feels comfortable in my hand. Just don't know about the scales, have no others to reference. Think I might order one with wood scales and see how I they feel.

Jerome,

Those scales look like they are made out of M3 composite material. I have found M3 to be kind of brittle. Are they a composite material? If so you might ask the maker about the brittleness. Sure is a pretty razor.

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely ask.

--Jerome

Thanks for the heads up. I will definitely ask.

--Jerome

Just as a follow up I did contact the maker of the razor and to paraphrase his answer he said that the M3 Mokume is definitely not brittle or something to be concerned with. I have no reason to doubt him. He said he will be shipping my razor tomorrow so I expect to be shaving with it soon. :001_smile

--Jerome

Last edited:
Top Bottom