What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

and a Greaves ..
proxy.php

I bit the bullet and have this coming. I hope that it lives up to all of my expectations, but surely the Desert Ironwood is just beautiful. I cannot afford Tim's offerings, so hopefully getting in on the ground floor of Nate's work will prove to be rewarding in every way possible.

I bit the bullet and have this coming. I hope that it lives up to all of my expectations, but surely the Desert Ironwood is just beautiful. I cannot afford Tim's offerings, so hopefully getting in on the ground floor of Nate's work will prove to be rewarding in every way possible.

Very nice, really like the scales, who makes the razor ?

Well, there we go...I've finally dipped my toe into Japanese straights...Thanks Brooksie, your level of enabling is definitely UNEQUALED!!

Can't wait to try them out!!

$IMG_20141211_174840211_HDR.jpg$IMG_20141211_174933387.jpg$IMG_20141211_174948155.jpg$IMG_20141211_175001566.jpg$IMG_20141211_175033763.jpg

That kikuboshi is niiiice!!!

Yeah, just holding it feels perfect! The NKSM is very nice too but I will have to repolish the scales properly, and it feels a little smaller in my hands, but I'm sure it will shave just as nicely :)

Now I should block you for a while, my wallet can't take another hit! lol

I bit the bullet and have this coming. I hope that it lives up to all of my expectations, but surely the Desert Ironwood is just beautiful. I cannot afford Tim's offerings, so hopefully getting in on the ground floor of Nate's work will prove to be rewarding in every way possible.[\QUOTE]

Please post your review on the straight razor forum. His razors won an award this year and a number of us would like to hear another opinion. Me especially as I am on his notification list.

Thanks

... a couple of straights turned up today from Sweden

Bengall (Cast Steel) 11/16 Half Hollow - Sheffield, England
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Dahlgren, CW 'Frisbelont' 5/8 Half Hollow (Swayback) - Eskilstuna, Sweden
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Couple of nice smilers, eh?They'll need honing, so I'll pop them in the post for The Whetter to take a look at ...

Last edited:
Well, there we go...I've finally dipped my toe into Japanese straights...Thanks Brooksie, your level of enabling is definitely UNEQUALED!!

Can't wait to try them out!!

Yeah his level of enabling is unparalleled... Wait until he wants to buy something from you:.. The man is nothing if not persistent

... another one today :D

Martin & Co. (of 63 Gracechurch Street, London I presume) 6/8 Wedge ... heavy fellow!

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Loads of pitting, but not on the edge which has been honed to shave ready.

Top Bottom