What's new

Stirling Syndicate

It's been a while, but the first time I used glacial Electric Sheep it brought tears to my eyes. I think I'm developing a menthol tolerance though. Glacial level soaps are cool and refreshing, not nearly as potent as when I first started using them.
A thought I just had, does menthol have a stronger effect on irritated skin? My shaving technique has improved a lot in the past year or so.
I remember my eyes tearing up and my nose running when I was first using glacial soap. If my eyes are still tearing up, I no longer notice. But I do notice my nose still running when I shave that area. I think you do get use to it. I don't think the menthol causes irritation. But it probably exasperates it when it's already there. I love the glacial soaps but sometimes they can be too much. And sometime the "chill" soaps aren't enough. :)

SOTDTIBBGC9.jpg

I’ve had great success the past couple weeks with Stirling’s unscented soaps (Beeswax, Naked & Smooth). However, I haven’t had any luck, so far, with scented versions. The two I’ve tried (Bergamot Lavender and Gin & Tonic) both have resulted in significant irritation with my skin.

Does Stirling provide any lightly scented options, or are there otherwise any scented versions that y’all think might be a little more forgiving?

I have a number of samples on hand to try next, so it remains to be seen if any of these work out: Barbershop; Sharp Dressed Man; Eucalyptus Mint; Lime; The Fresher.

I’ve had great success the past couple weeks with Stirling’s unscented soaps (Beeswax, Naked & Smooth). However, I haven’t had any luck, so far, with scented versions. The two I’ve tried (Bergamot Lavender and Gin & Tonic) both have resulted in significant irritation with my skin.

Does Stirling provide any lightly scented options, or are there otherwise any scented versions that y’all think might be a little more forgiving?

I have a number of samples on hand to try next, so it remains to be seen if any of these work out: Barbershop; Sharp Dressed Man; Eucalyptus Mint; Lime; The Fresher.
I think the unscented soaps will be your best option. I haven't run into any Stirling soap that's been lightly scented. I sort of wish they'd make a soap lightly scented based on Mennen Skin Bracer. That would likely be my favorite soap ... as long as it didn't irritate my skin. :)

I can tell you that you will likely find Barbershop a no go. I love it, but it is a solid 7 off the tub. The Fresher likewise....
Almond Creme is a mild gourmand scent. It's very pleasant but not hit you in the face. The A/S really brings it home though and has more punch. Same goes for Barbershop...that A/S lingers for half a day.

I can tell you that you will likely find Barbershop a no go. I love it, but it is a solid 7 off the tub. The Fresher likewise....
Almond Creme is a mild gourmand scent. It's very pleasant but not hit you in the face. The A/S really brings it home though and has more punch. Same goes for Barbershop...that A/S lingers for half a day.

Thank you! Almond is on my list, for sure.

Top Bottom