What's new

Stirling Island Man

When is this soap usually released? I know it is a seasonal scent but is it usually released in the spring or summer?

Thanks! I have never seen this set available on BST lol have been looking for a while. I can wait until May though.

Thanks! I have never seen this set available on BST lol have been looking for a while. I can wait until May though.

Thanks for sending! Was looking for the newer Tubs with a matching splash as well.

The scent is based on Creed's Virgin Island Water. Ariana and Evans has a set called St. Bart's based on the same cologne

Yeah, it's not his closest clone though. His Aventus clone is the best I've put a nose to. Island Man is just in the ballpark. Don't get me wrong, it's a great scent. It's just not a close match.

Now I feel I need to clarify that I love that guy's work with fragrances. His success rate with my sniffer is nearly 100%. No other maker I've tried is even close to that. It's unusual that I really like even a third of what most makers put out.

Yeah, it's not his closest clone though. His Aventus clone is the best I've put a nose to. Island Man is just in the ballpark. Don't get me wrong, it's a great scent. It's just not a close match.

Now I feel I need to clarify that I love that guy's work with fragrances. His success rate with my sniffer is nearly 100%. No other maker I've tried is even close to that. It's unusual that I really like even a third of what most makers put out.
In addition to EM, what do you feel are his home run clones?

Not speaking for JimmyJoe, of course, but Sandpiper EDT smells better to me than the YSL frag that it's copying, especially on the dry down (having compared them directly). Some of the other clones are not exact but very good frags in their own right. Alighieri (Fahrenheit clone) comes to mind. I like it a lot for what it is, but it's not Fahrenheit (some may say that's a good thing).

My favorite Stirling EDT is Agar, which he's no longer making. I've never smelled the original (T.F. Oud Wood) so I don't know how it compares. Island Man is a regular part of my warm weather rotation though, I'm wearing it today in fact.

I was disappointed with Shadow Orchid though. It didn't capture the depth of the original at all in my opinion.

Not speaking for JimmyJoe, of course, but Sandpiper EDT smells better to me than the YSL frag that it's copying, especially on the dry down (having compared them directly). Some of the other clones are not exact but very good frags in their own right. Alighieri (Fahrenheit clone) comes to mind. I like it a lot for what it is, but it's not Fahrenheit (some may say that's a good thing).

My favorite Stirling EDT is Agar, which he's no longer making. I've never smelled the original (T.F. Oud Wood) so I don't know how it compares. Island Man is a regular part of my warm weather rotation though, I'm wearing it today in fact.

I was disappointed with Shadow Orchid though. It didn't capture the depth of the original at all in my opinion.
did not know agar was a dupe of another scent. it too is one of my favorites. I had a spare set, but decided once I started amassing so many soaps, I could part with it. of course it was then discontinued.

TF's black orchid is such an awesome, dark, sexy scent. my girl has a sample spray of it. but you are right, there is some depth to that one. I am sure hard to recreate. I considered getting a set of Shadow orchid as it too is being discontinued, as to me, the scent does flirt the line of being unisex, but opted against it.
:lol:

In addition to EM, what do you feel are his home run clones?

That's really the only home run I know of. But some of his own fragrances are excellent. Barbershop, in particular, is among my favorite scents of all time for anything, anywhere. I'd definitely miss Aventus, but I'd be okay if everything smelled like Stirling Barbershop everywhere I went.

Pertinently, though, I've never smelled anything from his shop that I find to be off-putting, which is saying something because there's a lot of fragrances being sold elsewhere that are just not for me.

Ha ha I do not shop for Stirling shave soaps but do have 13 of their aftershaves and matching balms plus I have been a long time bath soap customer. The one i do not like and actual threw out is Barbershop. Had it for a couple of years and finally just gave up. I know I am very much in the minority. YMMV

Top Bottom