What's new

Still getting Irritation

Recently added Thayers Witch Hazel to my routine and love it. Does a great job on the skin post shave. Wish I had used it from the start..

I bought some generic or store brand Witch Hazel. It burns slightly, dries my face out and seems to smell similar to rubbing alcohol. Does brand matter?

Just wanted to pop in and say there is no shame in being a BBS-chaser! Patience and good technique contribute towards proper BBS, sure, but your choice of razor, blade, and prep are also equal contributors. I can't speak for everybody, but the sole reason that I experiment with different styles of razors and different brands of blades is to achieve the closest, most comfortable shave that I can get at my own pace.

Sure, I could slam down a single-pass WTG and be presentable in public, but why stop there when I can take just a few more strokes and be faceturbating all day long!? With my Merkur 34G I had to do like four legit passes to get a DFS and irritation all over my neck. My chase for BBS led my to find my true-love Klenzo razor who gives me a nick-free, irritation-free BBS shave with two passes plus touch-ups.

Chase that BBS, my friend. Ace your inspections and find your diamond in the rough! :a54:

Thanks appreciate the advice. I was just thinking I have only tried a EJ89 and Maggard MR8. Apparently both similar heads. So I have been kicking around the idea of picking up a Maggard Open Comb head. Or maybe a slant or an adjustable. Not sure what to go with. I think maybe the Open Comb. Reviews say it is a fairly mild head. So not sure.

Top Bottom