What's new

St. James of London

Not only is it a terrific performer, its an even better value. Top notch results and much lower priced than a large number of it's competitors.

It's a fabulous cream. I am a regular user of the Cedarwood & Clarysage range and on top of having a sublime scent, it creates a wonderful lather. Tried also the Mandarin & Patchouli but it really didn't do anything for me scent wise.

I'm dying to try both the Sandalwood & Bergamot and the Lime & Pepper ones, but it will be some time before that.

Highly recommendable.

Also worth noting: St James of London offers B&B members 15% off products ordered through their website. I've taken advantage of this a few times already. Makes a good buy even better. The coupon code is SJL15.

Also worth noting: St James of London offers B&B members 15% off products ordered through their website. I've taken advantage of this a few times already. Makes a good buy even better. The coupon code is SJL15.

The only way to fly.

So, I got in touch yesterday with a very kind fella at SJL, he told me they do indeed offer sample packs and that they are listed on their website (duh, should've checked....). Anyway, the problem is they don't ship outside North America which takes me back to square one, me being in Spain.... Still, I offered to refer him to some of the spanish based sellers which I will do over the weekend. Hopefully an agreement can be reached and SJL can start distributing in Spain.

Nothing like being behind slightly addlepated. I apologize for mistaking St. James for Mr. Taylor. Heck, I did not even realize that it was a separate line....my bad. :blush:

Tony, have you used Simpsons cream? I'm wondering how it compares to the St. James of London, as your remarks seem to put it in the same league. (Top-drawer.)

Actually, I'm wondering if it's the same stuff, given that Creightons makes the SJL and many of the other English creams.

I have both and they don't seem the same. Creightons has made creams for several brands and none of them seem alike to me. Both Simpson and St James are top tier creams. The recent Valentine's Day sale offered an incredible value. Two creams shipped to the U.S. for about $28. They only had two scents available, Mandarin and Patchouli and the Cedarwood and Clarysage. Hopefully they'll have other scents if they offer another sale. The glass jars just add to the sense of quality.

Tony, have you used Simpsons cream? I'm wondering how it compares to the St. James of London, as your remarks seem to put it in the same league. (Top-drawer.)

Actually, I'm wondering if it's the same stuff, given that Creightons makes the SJL and many of the other English creams.

I have never used the Simpsons.

I have never used the Simpsons.

Well that's next, then. :lol:

I have both and they don't seem the same. Creightons has made creams for several brands and none of them seem alike to me. Both Simpson and St James are top tier creams. The recent Valentine's Day sale offered an incredible value. Two creams shipped to the U.S. for about $28. They only had two scents available, Mandarin and Patchouli and the Cedarwood and Clarysage. Hopefully they'll have other scents if they offer another sale. The glass jars just add to the sense of quality.

Thank you! I've noticed the differences, too. Still, even humble Creightons products such as the Real Shaving Co.'s cream-in-a-tube seem to be outstanding products.

Okay, okay: Saint James of London is on the wish list. :thumbup1:

I've used a tin of the unscented Simpson cream, and though both are excellent, they do differ. Creighton's makes great creams, and I haven't used a poor-performing English cream yet.

Top Bottom