What's new

Speick

Could anyone tell me the best place to buy online this A/S splash that I have heard so much about please?

Regards,

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
smallflower as well as amazon.com ( which directs you to smallflower). By the way, I happen to see part of the movie State Fair (1962) with Pat Boone, Bobby Darin and Ann-Margret. During a scene where they are televising part of the state fair, the television announcer does a commercial, as they used to do back in those days, wherein the announcer does a plug for a product. The product: Speick aftershave. Anyone else ever notice that?

smallflower as well as amazon.com ( which directs you to smallflower). By the way, I happen to see part of the movie State Fair (1962) with Pat Boone, Bobby Darin and Ann-Margret. During a scene where they are televising part of the state fair, the television announcer does a commercial, as they used to do back in those days, wherein the announcer does a plug for a product. The product: Speick aftershave. Anyone else ever notice that?

Thanks Johnnie for input.

Regards,

I have ordered from Smallflower as well - it is Merz (?) Apothecary in Chicago. My order included Spieck cream, Pre de Provence soap, Provence Sante soap, and eShave White Tea cream. They sent everything very timely but accidentally shipped eShave aftershave cream instead of shave cream. To be honest, it took A LOT longer to get this exchanged than I thought reasonable (probably over a month if I recall), but eventually they did come through. (but only with the tube instead of tub as I ordered - they credited my account though). I would order from them again without hesitation though - they carry a lot of cool stuff.

Dennis

I have ordered from Smallflower as well - it is Merz (?) Apothecary in Chicago. My order included Spieck cream, Pre de Provence soap, Provence Sante soap, and eShave White Tea cream. They sent everything very timely but accidentally shipped eShave aftershave cream instead of shave cream. To be honest, it took A LOT longer to get this exchanged than I thought reasonable (probably over a month if I recall), but eventually they did come through. (but only with the tube instead of tub as I ordered - they credited my account though). I would order from them again without hesitation though - they carry a lot of cool stuff.

Dennis
Dennis, you're right, it is Mertz in Chicago's Macy's on State street.

After reading all of the input I placed an order for Speick A/S lotion & a 5 1/2 oz. bottle of Tabac A/S lotion...with shipping the total order came to $45.00. I have wanted to purchase both of these well talked up A/s for sometime and couldn't find the right place. Thanks again for the link (Goosemeplease) Jim.

Regards,

John,
We'll need a full report after you try them!:badger:

Tried the Speick this a.m....absolutely love it...very little burn at all and the scent is subtle but can smell it for unfortunately only an hour or so. Will try the Tabac a/s tomorrow...it definitely smells stronger.

Stauff is absolutely dead on with this a/s/

Regards,

Tried the Speick this a.m....absolutely love it...very little burn at all and the scent is subtle but can smell it for unfortunately only an hour or so. Will try the Tabac a/s tomorrow...it definitely smells stronger.

Regards,

I mirror this sentiment. It was Frederik's, "Speick this, Speick that..." :wink: that turned me into :a39: :a23: :a17:

...I am a slave to the Speick now. :a53: :tongue_sm

Regards,

I tried the Tabac yesterday morning with some reservation only because of how it came across from smelling from the bottle...i thought it would be strong & harsh....WRONG....it went on with NO alcohol burn whatsoever and the aroma lasted a couple of hours...both Speick & Tabac will always be in my rotation. I love traditional A/S splashes & use them religiously with a balm mixed in every now & then but a traditional tried & tested splash is the best feeling after a shave & how it makes my face feel.

Regards,

Does anyone know if there are any stores in NYC that carry Speick? I don't remember seeing it at Cambridge or Pasteur's(sp?). thanks

Jordan

Jordan
Not that I know of, Smallflower is your best bet. In the unlikely event you hate them (haha) you can always turn them over in the selling forum.

The scent of speick is great but fleeting so you use it for the skin effect rather than the scent.

Jordan
Not that I know of, Smallflower is your best bet. In the unlikely event you hate them (haha) you can always turn them over in the selling forum.

The scent of speick is great but fleeting so you use it for the skin effect rather than the scent.

Gotcha, thanks!

Jordan

Jim, last weekend I ran across this entire thread on Speick and ordered the AS, the cream, and the soap. I have been pleased with the scent and the feel so I will defiinitely keep them in my rotation, but the evanescence of the fragrance is disappointing. Sadly, that has been the case with all of my favorites, such as Truefitt & Hill's 1805 and Mama Bear's Green Irish Tweed type.

Can anyone recommend something that would be in the same genre as the two I mentioned, but would have greater fragrance longevity?

Thanks, Glenn

Top Bottom