What's new

Special SoTD Event from 6/22 to 6/28-09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday 26 Jun 09 Day 26

• Soap: GFT Limes
  • Brush: Real Horn "Ultimate Man Brush"
  • Razor: Wehrmacht Surplus German Army Slant w/Feather blade (x3)
  • A/S: GFT Limes
  • EDT: GFT Limes

I enjoyed this shave so much I repeated it today! I don't normally use any brush two days in a row, but I may end up using this one at least one more time before rotating it out! Wow, just wow!

Last edited:
Gillette Open Comb New / Derby Extra Blade
Shavemac #177
P.160 Tipo Morbido
Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
EJ Chatsworth/IP(2)
B&B LE '08
TGQ Bay and Sweet Orange s/s
WWR
CWS
Thayers Lavender w/h
Dominica Bay Rum w/Lime a/s
Dominica Bay Rum w/Lime used as a splash

Friday 26 Jun 09 Day 25

• Soap: GFT Limes
  • Brush: Real Horn "Ultimate Man Brush"
  • Razor: Wehrmacht Surplus German Army Slant w/Feather blade (x3)
  • A/S: GFT Limes
  • EDT: GFT Limes

I enjoyed this shave so much I repeated it today! I don't normally use any brush two days in a row, but I may end up using this one at least one more time before rotating it out! Wow, just wow!
WOW!! NICE BRUSH!!! :w00t:

Friday

Brush: Rooney Stubby 2
Cream: Arko Citrus
Razor: 70 Black Handle Adjustable
Blade: Swedish Gillette
A/S: Booster Iced Lime
Cologne: Knize Ten

Mike

Hot shower / CF Preshave
QED Sandalwood/Rose soap
B&B LE '08
Mergress on 1.5 w/Feather - d5
WWR / CWR
Harris Pink
Em's Place Bulgarian Rose Hydro Plus

In the spirit of this special SoTD event week I have a humorous story to share regarding changes to the summer shaving routine or in my case new experiences with a proper summer shaving routine.

I discovered true wet shaving and shaving with a DE in September. However, in Iraq in September we were still having temperatures in the 100+ range so it was very much what I'd consider summer.

After much research here at the B&B and through the generosity of B&B members I received a small sample of Proraso shave cream and Proraso after shave. After shaving with my DE for a couple of weeks I woke one Sunday morning (my day off) to 102 degrees and unusually humid weather for this part of the country. I decided that the 'cooling effect' of Proraso products was just the thing I'd need on this Sunday morning. So I gathered up my Dopp kit and headed to the Cadillac (shower trailer). When I went in it was horribly hot. Naturally the moisture from a dozen showers and sinks made it especially nasty. I thought this was indeed the perfect time for me to try the mythical Proraso. So I started shaving. Now, I don't know if it was because I thought I was in there alone or because its somethign I just do. Apparently I started talking to myself as I was shaving and post shave.

I said oh yeah....

that feels nice...

ooohh cool....

so smooth.....

aaahhhhhhh.....

that feels so good...

About that time a young man stepped out of one of the showers and glanced my direction. When he saw me he said, "Oh thank God, I thought you were doing something else." :lol::lol::lol:

*Parker 65R with A new Feather followed by a Merkur Long-handled Classic with the same Feather
QED Select 24mm Silvertip
Geo. F. Trumper Rose Shaving Soap
QED DaVinci Water
Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food
Geo. F. Trumper Milk of Flowers

*I would not advise running out and buying one of these attractive Parkers quite yet, that is unless you have a VERY light beard and do not desire a close shave. Perhaps a second day's experience will be better?:001_rolle

Last edited:
Wow...the name of that brush is pretty appropriate! Great looking shave, and a nice abrupt variation on your photos this month. Really enjoyed the pictures from this shave!:w00t:

Thank you. Yeah, I've referred to it as The Ultimate Man Brush and the Viking Brush. I suppose eventually I'll come up with a final name for it.

Trumpers razor
Plisson brush
Trumpers Violet shave cream
SCS Austin Blend AS
Trumpers Spanish Leather cologne

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be a scorcher out there today! :cool:

Hot shower
Proraso Pre-Post at beginning of shower
Old Post Road #4 (original) soap during shower
Merkur Progress w/ Derby blade
VDH Boar brush
TSD Jasmine soap + TSD Frostbite cream
WWR
Shulton's Old Spice A/S splash + TSD Sandalwood A/S splash
CWR
TSD Iced Old Spice milk
T&H 1805 EdT

Hey Slagle Im glad you are enjoying that brush. I think we can make a "travel" size out of my scrap horn I just got? Wouldn't that be cool. :rolleyes:

Thursday:

No Shave

Friday:
Proraso Pre/Post
Proraso Green Soap
Boker Red Injun
Proraso Splash
Proraso Balm

No EdT since I find the Proraso sticks around for quite some time...

Day 26 with Penhaligon's English Fern

Schick "Type I1" Injector / Chinese-made Schick-branded Injector blades / Kent BK4 / Penhaligon's English Fern shaving soap / Franken-Hazel / SCS Lavender Milk

Better lather, better shave--a good morning, indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom