What's new

Special Birthday SOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
As part of my celebration of my birthday weekend, on Saturday I had a shave and a haircut at my barbershop.

Started the day with breakfast at my favorite breakfast place, then on to the Memorial Barbershop for my now annual ritual. The shave, the haircut, the hot towels, the massage at the end of it, all of that made me feel like a million bucks.

Almost can't wait for next year. :biggrin:

My birthday celebration weekend continues. Yesterday I had a superb shave at my barbershop. Today's shave was something familiar favorites and something new to me but favorite here on B&B.

Hardware: Gillette Gold Tech from 1953, my birth year, Derby blade, Black Tooth (Superior 25mm in super badger), Weller bowl,

Software: Dave's Mystic Spearmint Glycerin Preshave, Tabac Cream (bought it yesterday at shop here in Houston), witch hazel, SCS Bay Rum w/Twist ASM, SCS Bay Rum w/Twist EDT

full

Really enjoyed the Tabac cream. It has a spice notes that reminded me and my wife of a cookie she bakes called snickerdoodles. The missus went on to say it smells like a man should smell.

Tomorrow is my birthday and I already have tomorrow's shave planned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally, today is my birthday and I celebrated with this shave:

Hardware: Gillette Gold Tech from 1953, my birth year, Derby blade, B&B Essential, Weller bowl

Software: Dave's Mystic Spearmint Glycerin Preshave, Pre de Provence soap, witch hazel, Aqua Velva Musk, SCS Oakmoss Lavendula, Proraso ASB

Capital shave. Just lined up some favorites and took my time to savor it all. Tomorrow, back to Citrus week.

Man I love birthdays. Beats the alternative all to heck.

full

Merkur HD 34C
Red Pack Israeli Personna
TOBS Avocado Cream
EJ BBB
1 WTG, 1 XTG, Buff
Thayers Medicated Superhazel
Nivea Extra Soothing ASB

Hit the quarter of the century mark today. I instinctively reached for the Speick cream as, well the stuff just flat out works. Popped in a new dorco, and got 3 passes later, BBS. Nothin better than a great shave on your B-Day.

proxy.php

1930's Open Comb New/ Derby Extra blade
Shavemac #177 23mm knot
Tabac Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Royall Tangerine Splash

Hit the quarter of the century mark today. I instinctively reached for the Speick cream as, well the stuff just flat out works. Popped in a new dorco, and got 3 passes later, BBS. Nothin better than a great shave on your B-Day.

proxy.php

1930's Open Comb New/ Derby Extra blade
Shavemac #177 23mm knot
Tabac Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel
Royall Tangerine Splash

Happy birthday to both you guys. Nothing better than a special shave to mark a special day.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
after shower at the sink:

EJ B&B Georgian/IP(1)
Emperor 3
Trumper Sandalwood s/f
DR Harris Arlington s/s
WWR
CWS
Thayers Lavender w/h
DR Harris Arlington a/s
DR Harris Arlington edt

No time to take a pic. But how about some faves:

full

What to do when you turn 47:

full

Thinking about turning 47:

full

Turning 47 is gold Jerry, GOLD!

full

You are turning 47? You motor boatin' son-of-a-*****

full

Ready to begin my 47th year. Cheers!

full

Happy B'day, Bob, from one who also celebrates getting another year older today.

Razor: TI Pink Ivory 5/8
Brush: Rooney 3/1 Finest
Soap: Harris Marlborough
A/S: Proraso splash followed by Proraso balm
Edt: Diptyque Tam Dao

Last edited:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Happy B'day, Bob, from one who also celebrates getting another year older today.

Razor: TI Pink Ivory 5/8
Brush: Rooney 3/1 Finest
Soap: Trumper Marlborough
A/S: Proraso splash followed by Proraso balm
Edt: Diptyque Tam Dao

Happy Birthday Chris. Nice touch with the Tam Dao. :thumbup1:

Here is my birthday shave:

Red Box Israeli Personna
Gillette Fat Boy (cranked up to 7)
Crabtree and Evelyn Sierra (a bday gift)
Adidas AS (another Bday gift)
B&B Essential

A great shave all around!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Mini Gillette travel razor
Derby blade
QED Violetta soap
B&B Essential brush
QED rose toner

All to celebrate the 14th anniversary of turning 39.

Turned nineteen yesterday. Didn't shave until this morning though. Took the day off from doing anything that warranted looking acceptable.
To make up for it I took a nice hot shower, boiled off some water to get it nice and hot. Lathered up with my Tweezerman Brush and some soap I tried off eBay. Finished with a Jojoba/Tea Tree Oil mix and a splash of Bois D'Inde after shave my girlfriend bought me for my birthday. It wasn't anything I used that was overly special but the time I took that made it a real treat. Also, finishing with such a nice gift from my gf really made the morning good.

Wednesday, my birthday:

Super Adjustable, P1, set at 4,5
Treet Durasharp Classic coated carbon steel blade, 1st shave
Old Spice sensitive in the can
Thayers Lemon
Body Shop Razor Relief

Nothing special, been battling bronchitis the past few days and still not feeling 100%. Just a two pass shave with touch-up. Not fully BBS, but I felt better after the shave.

proxy.php

This morning, birthday shave and first shave with an Aristocrat:

Gillette Aristocrat w. Derby Extra (1)
The Shaving Shack "Shogun" onyx handle super badger
Musgo Real SC
Unscented Thayer's Witch Hazel
Musgo Real ASB

Regards.

Jakob

Wednesday morning...

The day started right - I get a paid day off for my b-day from work, helped loving, LSW get off to work by making coffee, read the headlines (why I do this to myself I've yet to figure out), then...

Hot shower
Kyle's prep - took the time with it and really paid attention
Superlather of VDH Deluxe & Nivea Men (Indian - Thanks again, Chris!)
'76 Black handled SS (year of my birth) w/Wilkinson Sword (day 1)
2 WTG, 1 XTG, touchup on the chin and jawline
Cold water/towel rinse
Thayer's Lavender W/H
Spanish Floid Suave A/S
Trumpers Spanish Leather Cologne

DFS/BBS - no irritation at all

Heading out for fresh croissants and coffee and a little looksee here and there. Got gift packages inbound from a variety of places. Now if I could just get the temps to cool off just a little for today. I love lazy, quiet mornings.

Enjoy the day, all

Hot shower with Magno soap.
Merkur Futur (set at 3) with a new Feather blade.
Shave Secret oil.
ClassicShaving.com Bay Rum cream.
Hot/cold rinses.
Alum stick.
OTC witch hazel.
Nivea ASB.
Pinaud's Bay Rum AS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom