What's new

SOTD Week May 4 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menthol Monday
Gillette Canadian Single Ring / Astra SP (2)
Park Avenue Cool Ice Blue
Vintage Culmak Junior Boar
NGT ASB
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
proxy.php

SOTD 2015-05-04

Prep Bialy Jelen face wash gel
Maggard MR3 with Triton R3 (2)
Vulfix VS1 synthetic bristle
Stirling Lemongrass & Cajeput soap
Alum block
Pitralon Classic AS

proxy.php

All photos very nice today,gentlemen!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Wonderful photo, gentlemen! Enjoy the great day! :001_smile

Pleasant Monday Gents, nice Photos today

Nice Shot! have spent some time there trying to find the bottom of some of those bottles, have actually even played a gig there. wonderful place, we go often. Thanks for the Arizona props!:thumbup:

sarimento1 - that bar pic is too cool for school!

shame on you!
IMPRESSING!
AMAZING !
:thumbup:

thanks for the nice words, gents! yes, i love AZ and the Southwest!

here is the original bar shot, taken with kind permission from the owner...

proxy.php

Stainless steel bowl
Rubberset 600N restored brush
Arko soap
FrankenAluTech razor
Laser Ultra blade (1)
Alum
Unrefined Shea Butter
Yves Saint Laurent Kouros EDT

proxy.php

SOTD 5-4-15

Razor: ATT H1 plate with MR1 handle
Blade: Platinum Lux (4)
Soap: WSP Vetiver
Bowl: Shaveworks
Brush: Tweezerman

Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry, then apply the alum block

Razor: As usual, no complaints! I am liking the H! plate alot!

Blade: This is a very good blade and one of my main go-to's so no issues at all!

Soap: First time with this soap and I think I like it. It lathered easy and got plenty of it for my three passes and almost no touch up. Great slickness and protection! Post shave feel is real good! The scent seems very mild to me to the point where I can't really even notice it even right from the puck at first sniff but I prefer mild strength scents! No issues at all!

Bowl: I wish the bowl I picked up was wide enough at the bottom to hold a puck or sample size puck for trying out soaps. I didnt think about that when purchased and regret it. Not sure if one like that is available or not!

Comments: Shave was very good and very close. I got a DFS easily and a BBS on most places but part of the neck area. No nick or irritation based on the Aum block. Another very good shave with no issues!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out! Of course, YMMV!

Thx.

Attachments

• $SOTD_050415.jpg
    $SOTD_050415.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 146
I have just joined.
I was re-itroduced to wet shaving at an Art of Shaving store in 'Vegas while taking my wife to see Elton John. My old electric had been failing to give a decent shave for years.
Today was my fifth day of wet shaving. I am using a '54 Gillette Super Speed I resurrected from an estate sale (thanks B&B threads), on my second Derby blade, a Vulfix 1000 brush, and TAOS preshave and cream.
My shaves have gotten better each time!! The first was superior to the old electric in EVERY way.

Lee

SOTD 5-4-15

Bowl: I wish the bowl I picked up was wide enough at the bottom to hold a puck or sample size puck for trying out soaps. I didnt think about that when purchased and regret it. Not sure if one like that is available or not!

Thx.

Sir Mike, there is an eBay seller offering hammered and dimpled copper shave bowls, with an indent suitable for a small soap puck, works nicely.

$vdh torrey vie pashana march 25 2015.jpg

I have just joined.
I was re-itroduced to wet shaving at an Art of Shaving store in 'Vegas while taking my wife to see Elton John. My old electric had been failing to give a decent shave for years.
Today was my fifth day of wet shaving. I am using a '54 Gillette Super Speed I resurrected from an estate sale (thanks B&B threads), on my second Derby blade, a Vulfix 1000 brush, and TAOS preshave and cream.
My shaves have gotten better each time!! The first was superior to the old electric in EVERY way.

Lee
Welcome aboard!
... and take some shots! :001_smile

SOTD 05/05/15

pic goes here

Pre-shave:
Warm water face wash with Lush Porridge Soap plus hot flannel
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2nd attempt with this blade, I hope it's better than the first :laugh:)
Soap: Kent SB2 (Re-branded MWF)
Brush: Kent Silvertex Synthetic
Post shave: Cold water rinse, alum, Clubman Pinaud Bay Rum AS and Aveeno Moisturising Cream
Fragrance: Malizia Uomo Vetyver EdT (cheap as chips first vetiver frag :thumbup1:)

Monday evening:

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Rapira platinum Lux (3)
Cream: TOBS Rose
Brush: SR 3824
A/S: Old spice Limes
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Japanese Monday

Nichiri M-55 "Manaslu Extra True Heart" | Al's Shaving "Bomb" Custom Rose/Sandalwood | Simpsons Manchurian Badger Rover | Lucido by Mandom | Guerlain Corlian

$4 May 2015-004.jpg

SOTD

Razor: Gillette Super Speed Flair Tip
Blade: Vokshod
Soap: D.R. Harris Marlborough
Brush: Omega 10290
A/S: Aqua Velva

celestino - very cool translucent handle
sandstone - there must be a theme with the background movie shot - I'm intrigued
skypsyd - how's the Barbasol pair with the YSL?
782sirbrian - cool wood handle
mkiraly - nice desert shot
sarimento1 - that bar pic is too cool for school!

Tallapoc - cool silver
Roderick - cool brush
witeq - nice B&W
prometeo - tabac dedication
UngerWoo - cool brush handle
Windblows - pic makes Arko seem classy
sir_mike - cool bowl - and dig the WSP Vetiver as well
Chrisarelli - nice brush
BRuhling - very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom