What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 MAY 2012

*Gillette Single Ring
*Astra SP (i have no idea how you guys use this blade, ugh)
*M&F Blonde size 2
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter
*Another rainy day in Vancouver! UGH! When is summer coming!

You are getting ever closer, celestino!:wink2::001_smile I was in Vancouver some 15 years ago, supposedly for 5 days, before I decided to come home early. It rained every day!:mad3:

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 24 mm Semogue 2011 LE , Two Band, Finest Badger 1
SOAP/CREAM: Acqua Di Parma Collezione Shaving Cream
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Fitjar Lathering Up Shaving Bowl
RAZOR: No Name ("steril" Schulze?) from Thaler, Neunkirchen
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Alt-Innsbruck EDC
RESULT: BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​
Is that a trick of the light, have you been image editing, or has Alt-Innsbruck changed its packaging colour, Bela? A fabulous shave and pic, whichever!:thumbup1:

Is that a trick of the light, have you been image editing, or has Alt-Innsbruck changed its packaging colour, Bela? A fabulous shave and pic, whichever!:thumbup1:

David,
you're right and you have good eyes. :wink2: It's just a bad photo.:oops: I changed the lights and paid no attention for the color temperature.:c4:

Cheers,
Béla

-- Tuesday, May 22, 2012 --

Razor: EJ DE89BA Barley Chrome
Blade: Shark SS (4)
Soap: Savon du Midi Orient
Brush: Semogue 1305 (maiden voyage for this brush)

Result: very comfortable BBS on face, DFS on neck in 4 passes and touch-up

-- Tuesday, May 22, 2012 --

Razor: EJ DE89BA Barley Chrome
Blade: Shark SS (4)
Soap: Savon du Midi Orient
Brush: Semogue 1305 (maiden voyage for this brush)

Result: very comfortable BBS on face, DFS on neck in 4 passes and touch-up

Not to worry but you've posted in the Tabula Gratulatoria. You need to place your future posts in the "themed week" thread.:001_smile

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: SRP Thäther
Razor: Sanssouci 7/8
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: La Toja Stick
After shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Results: A wonderful, close to perfect shave!!

proxy.php

New straight, Rune? I don't recall seeing that one at all. She looks a stunner!:thumbup1:

Prep: Shower/Neutrogena Transparent Facial Bar | Semogue #620 | Palmolive For Men Classic Shave Stick | Gillette 40s Tech | Feather New Hi-Stainless | Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

proxy.php

Awesome close-up!:thumbup1: The scent of the Palmolive stick is growing on me. Hated it at first but it's a performer for sure!:thumbup1:

went minimalist tonight -no bowl, no brush, no aftershave. just razor and cream.

proxy.php

this was my first time using a DE in several weeks. i'd been using a GEM every Sunday to wipe off the Growth Of The Week, and got a great comfy shave every time, but i missed the routine and now i'm back on the wagon. tomorrow i'll bring back the Brisk.

And sometimes the minimalist approach comes off best. Excellent pic!:thumbup1:

22 MAY 2012

*Gillette Old Type
*Gillette Blues (not for me)
*Semogue 2011 LE Bristle #1
*Mike's Natural Soaps Lavandin
*OSMA alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter
*Mstislav Rostropovich chilling things with Bach Cello Suites! Ahhh, beautifully soothing!

No idea what the last one is, celestino, but well done for the spelling!:wink2::lol:

Orange Shave at its Best !
~05/23/2012~

Semogue 1800 \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ MNS: Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Peppar \\ Al Raz's ASB Custom "El Tangerino"

Can't belive i'm going to say this, but its true! If I truly had to have one shaving brush, my Semogue 1800 would be it! Its just the perfect boar IMO. If the same knot but bigger was in a Cherry SOC handle, that would be my Number #1 choice! Today's shave was just amazing. Orange is my favorite scent when it comes to base note scent. This was the first time where everything was Orange scented excluding my Proraso Pre-shave. Have a wonderful day my friends!

proxy.php

Looks and sounds like a magnificent shave, Balaji:thumbup1: And a belated welcome back. Now I'm off for the week.:wink2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom