Status
Not open for further replies.
III.10.2010

Gillette Red Tip
Gillette Bleue Extra
Shavemac #177 Finest
Monsavon + TOBS Lavender (cream) = superlather
Weleda a/s

In honor of my latest title (It just changed again. It was the one about wetshaving and saving money):

proxy.php

Last edited:
Afternoon cleanup - just wait for this!!

Rob's thread got me thinking about pulling out my Atra Plus cart and some goo just for giggles this afternoon, sooo....

Atra Plus cart and razor
Colgate with Aloe Vera in a can

Prepped with a hot face wash with Savon de Marseilles and hot towel treatment. Rubbed on some cream, which was a bit denser than I remembered, but still reeked of its chemicals. Shaved pretty much irritation free, but there wasn't a whole lot of stubble there to get after, and I only went with one pass. The main impression from this cart shave was how light the razor felt and how light the pressure was. I think DE shaving has really trained me to use that light pressure. Coupled with a light implement, it feels as though nothing is happening. After putting everything back under the sink, I could still feel some stubble, but I didn't go for multiple passes, and only WTG.

Boy did i need a relaxing shave. I decided to try the Dorko i got from the bay a few weeks ago. Sharp but just not enough. Well i brought a back up. My Dovo Bismarck 5/8 in bone scales.

Tony Miller Strop
Caswell Massey Almond soap
Dovo Bismarck
Thayers witch hazel
skin food
TAOS Balm

Tonight I got one of the best shaves of my life!
I've been at this DE shaving thing for about nine months, but I sometimes still struggle with technique and irritation.
Tonight I slowed way down, focused on technique, and got a no-hassle clean, smooth, irritation free shave. The whole experience was like a revelation, or the coming together of all my acquired shaving knowledge. I am quite pleased. :thumbup:

Anyway, my setup was as follows:
-Cella
-Edwin Jagger BBB
-Merkur HD
-Feather blade
-Witch Hazel
-SCS Lime Milk

Monday

Slim adjustable / Astra
Godrej / Omega 31064
Old Spice (German, P&G)
The Body Shop Macca Root ASB
Guerlain Homme EdP

Proaso cream, TTO Bull Mastiff custom, Astra Super Platinum, Vulfix Super badger, Old spice aftershave and cologne

Got a second great shave this morning out of the Wilkinson Sword blades I bought at Walmart.

Razor: 1949 Super Speed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword
Brush: Simpson Duke 1 in Best
Lather: Ogalalla Bay Rum soap + Shulton Old Spice Musk cream
AS splash: Ogalalla Bay Rum & Cedarwood
ASB: B&BW 'Woodlands' (I don't typically follow-up my AS splash with anything but my face seemed particularly dry this morning)

Make it a great day, Gents!

-Greg

Friday, October 8.

Hot shower
RB scuttle
GFT Almond soap
Simpson Ehsan Brush :001_rolle
Schick injector razor, 1942-45 Navy issue, First shave with this razor, very enjoyable :001_rolle
Schick injector blade
TOBS Shaving Shop Aftershave gel

Very nice enjoyable shave

Doug

RV Buffalo Horn | 8/8 Filarmonica "Especial Para Barbas Duras" | D.R. Harris Marlborough | Thayer's Cucumber | SCS Woods AS | D.R. Harris Cologne​
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom