What's new

SOTD July 06 through July 12, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Proraso Pre | Shavemac 177 Silver Tip | Trumper's Coconut Oil SS | Gillette Super Speed
Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes & Peppercorn AS | Royall BayRhum

Saturday

Razor: Gillette Tuckaway
Blade: NOS Wilkinson
Brush: Simpson T4 Super
Cream: Floris No.89
A/S: TSD Bergamot a/s milk
Edt: DR Harris's Arlington

Hey Jakob: Are there many differences between the original Aqua Velva and the European version?

Cheers,
Vasco R

Yes, the European Williams Ice Blue has more alcohol burn, a sweeter scent, is not quite as soothing, is lighter in colour and has a weaker menthol kick than the American Aqua Velva.

I like both the European Williams and the American Aqua Velva - they do resemble each other, but not too close though.

Regards.

Jakob

Merkur Futur, Sharp Stainless (Third shave), TOBS Lavender sample, Omega 666 brush, Witch Hazel, Superior 70 splash, Nivea Cooling balm.

Yes, the European Williams Ice Blue has more alcohol burn, a sweeter scent, is not quite as soothing, is lighter in colour and has a weaker menthol kick than the American Aqua Velva.

I like both the European Williams and the American Aqua Velva - they do resemble each other, but not too close though.

Regards.

Jakob
Thanks for the tip, Jakob. :001_smile

Saturday am

Merkur Futur w/ Feather (1)
Shavemac Horn D01
Moss Scuttle
TSD Wild Rose S/S sample
D.R. Harris Pink A/S
Aqua Velva Ice Blue A/S

Superb shave this morning! I thought I'd try the TSD Wild Rose shave soap sample that's been sitting in the "shave cave" (as my boys call it). I used it like a shave stick and rubbed it over the beard and face lathered. I'm very impressed, it produced a nice slick lather with a very pleasant scent. With a fresh Feather blade in the Futur, this combined for one great shave, ready to face the day! (No pun intended :biggrin:)

Saturday

CF Pre-shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian Super
L'Occitane Cade soap
HD with Black 7 O'Clock
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Got the water/soap ratio right with the Cade this time. Fantastic performance.

Saturday

CF Pre-shave
Rooney Heritage Victorian Super
L'Occitane Cade soap
HD with Black 7 O'Clock
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Got the water/soap ratio right with the Cade this time. Fantastic performance.

Some don't give it the chance to get it just right, if you have the patience it's well worth the little bit of effort!

Currently:
Style: Afternoon; Bowl Latherer
Prep: Hot Shower
Razor: Merkur 34C Heavy Duty
Blade: Crystal
Brush: Shavemac 23mm Silvertip
Cream: The Gentlemen's Refinery Black Ice Shave Cream
Aftershave: Hot/Cold Water Splash; The Gentlemen's Refinery Standard Aftershave Balm
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood

Dovo 5/8 Special
Kent BK4 (Knot feels like it's falling out :frown:)
DR Harris Arlington SS
Pinaud Clubman

I'm in love with the Clubman as an everyday kind of aftershave. To me it's more of a fall/winter scent, but the dry down fits summer as well. Arlington of course shaved like a dream, and my Kent is possibly falling apart from using it so much. I should buy a Semogue boar as a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom