What's new

🐗 🦡 🐴 SOTD - “I Like Big Brushes and I Cannot Lie” Theme Week - June 26th - July 2nd, 2023 🐗 🦡 🐴

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about big brushes!

This week’s theme is a bit different but simple… we just want to see your biggest brushes and knots! Do you have a Simpson Polo 14, Vulfix 40S or Kent BK12? Well, you are nutty (or have a huge mellon) but let’s see ‘em!

Anything large qualifies when it comes to bristles… so badger, boar, synthetic and even horse knots are fair game! The bigger the better.

Nothing large? Show us and tell us all about your shaving setup for the day anyways!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or share photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see some big brushes!

78239A63-E94E-4B3F-96B0-E85C957BF2CF.jpeg
23BE44F1-4DFA-4840-8778-06526E9CB6E1.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Cobra Classic
Blade: Feather AC Pro(D1)
Brush: Heritage Collection Merit 99-5 26mm Badger
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mojito
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti Iced
Butter: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Monoi de Tahiti

Sunday Morning

Velvety soft boar strokes accompanying the creamy lather. Relaxing the skin into a deeper comfort. Anticipated gliding and gentle scrubbing, pleasure and luxury. Streaking strokes whisked through an eight day growth, silent efficiency. The attentive Gold Grande orchestrating a symphony of rapture. Sunday morning shave.

IMG_0388.jpeg

Weekly face & head shaver. The Big Boar, Zenith B35 31x57mm. Fatip Gold Grande with a single use Feather.

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0425.jpeg

Happy Shaves

High Efficiency June 2023

Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Feather
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (tallow based prior to reformulation, used old TOBS Sandalwood tub to put it in)
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue (store bought, decanted from plastic to glass bottle), Proraso White Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), always works

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

Well this Lambda Athena is as has been said before, sneaky efficient, and I mean that in the best way possible. I was on 7 day growth and wanted to see how it would do. I put in a Feather blade, I have not used these in 10 months as when I first started wetshaving 11 months ago I found them too harsh for me. That was early on when my technique was not very good but I have to say Feather's, sharp and this time very comfortable, it was quite pleasant to use.

This razor was terrific with the Feather and like I said efficient, sneaky efficient, gentle, smooth with the Feather, it was a real pleasure to shave with, I did enjoy it.

PAA Cube, always does the job for me, and very well, nothing new there.

This was my first time using MWF, I was using the old tallow based formula. I had to use a bowl for this to start, it took me some time to get it right but I got it right. I could have done better next time with lathering but overall still did well. I say that as my shave went well. I do like the MWF, the post shave feel is nice but I would like to try it next time when I do lather with it better initially but it's a good soap.

This was my first time using the Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue and I did enjoy it, it was pleasant after what ended up being a longer shave because of trying to get the lather right.

Prorasso White Balm, just works for me, nothing new here as well.

This was a great shave, I was a bit worried because I didn't feel like I did good enough of a job lathering but I was able to get there so it made the shave good plus the Lambda Athena is really a terrific razor, paired with a Feather, job well done. I went WTG, WTG with touch ups then ATG. No cuts, nicks, weepers or irritation and got a great BBS! Very happy with the overall shave and result.

20230625_195057.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
EEBF5D59-F84A-4A9E-9155-865433E025E4.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) Japan: Razor Blade Feather.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Mon 26
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers
Brush SOC Cherry Wood Boar
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM PTFE 6th
Today's soap & excellent brush created a very good creamy slick cool lather & with the matching splash...so cold, perfect for facing a hot humid day. The last use of this excellent vintage razor was in Sept last year and today, combined with the well-used blade last used in Dec...enjoyed a fast but enjoyable 2 pass shave for a dfs finish...
20230626_170632.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom