What's new

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 SOTD - “Happy 4th of July (USA Independence Day) Week” July 3rd - July 9th, 2023 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy 4th of July to our friends in the USA! I used this theme a few months back but…. July 4th!!! 🇺🇸

It‘s time again for another SOTD Theme Week! Let’s see your SOTD that contains at least one item made in the good ol‘ United States of America!

Let’s see your B&M, Stirling and Noble Otter soaps, Paladin, Elite and The Varlet bushes and American made vintage Gillette razors. Even USA made Personna blades work! How about a Captain’s Choice shaving bowl?

Don’t have anything American Made in your collection? Add something American made but non shaving related to your SOTD images. An American flag or any other cool Americana items would be cool to see. Budweiser? Jack Daniels? Sure! A Fender American Strat or Gibson Les Paul? Excellent!

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Have some fun this week!

1688318050049.jpeg

Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Asylum Injector
Blade: Schick Proline B-20 (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2019 Barbear Classico LE Badger\Boar 26mm
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: Glacial Mojito
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling
Aftershave: TSD X2 Iced Mojito

SOTD-USA.jpg

SOTD From India.

And yes, JOCKEY is the only American thing I have :cheerful:

Since Romer-7 Wazir has become my go-to razor, I have shifted my focus on blades. So far, what I have learned is that there is no good or bad blade or good or bad razor. It's just a blade+razor combination that suits your skin. A razor which feels great with your favorite blade might feel awful with some other blade and vice-versa. If you are a beginner, make sure you go through this post by u/Leisureguy

A disquisition on blade sampler packs - https://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2007/08/07/a-disquisition-on-blade-sampler-packs/

Personally, I don't have good experience most of the smoother blades like Laser Ultra, Gillette Super Platinum Black, and a few others. Out of the 10 different blades I have tried I feel good with sharper blades like:
This time I tried Gillette Winner Stainless Steel with three of the razors I have. Unlike other smooth blades, this one felt good.
  • First use of the blade was with Wazir. It felt awesome. Just right amount of sharpness + smoothness (24 hours stubble)
  • Second use was with Romer-7 Ricardo (aggressive). It still felt good on the first pass, thought not as good as on the first use. 2nd pass, it was a no no. It felt like scraping than cutting hair (48 hours stubble)
  • Then I took a fresh blade out and used it with my mild razor, Gillette Permasharp (green color plastic razor) and it did feel awesome (24 hours stubble)
  • Have not tried with my UrbanMooch Butterfly yet. I reserved this razor only for 3+ days of stubble for it somehow makes the blades feel too damn sharp. It's very well made and quite good looking razor, it's just aggressive.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
967E56B8-8D6D-439F-8FBE-D0EB9139B097.jpeg

1) China: Brush Frank Shaving Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34G.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Wilkinson Sword.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.

Mon 3
Cream Omega Eucalyptus
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor & Blade Yaqi Mellon OC / American Shave Platinum
Aftershave Old Spice Original
My 1st real shave lathering cream (using foam cans before) bought in 2019 still has enough to last...richly creamy and slick lather with a beautiful scent. The shave with this mild razor & blade was easy, comfortable, and fast. 3passes for a dfs finish...
20230703_102521.jpg

High Efficiency June 2023

Razor: Wolfman 1.55 WR2 SS SB with WRH1 90 mm SS solid handle Basic Polish
Blade: Feather
Brush: B and B Contributors Brush 2023
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Meštar Bagulina
Aftershave: Original 1932 Floid The Genuine Aftershave, Meštar Bagulina Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), works very nicely

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile)

I wanted to see how I would handle using a Feather using the Wolfman 1.55 WR2 SB as Feathers were too harsh for me in the beginning of my wet shaving journey so now I wanted to see how far I have come even though I have used sharp blades before but was reluctant to use these. This was a success! I must say, despite the blade gap, and I have said it before and many others, the 1.55 blade gap on this razor is still gentle, smooth and super efficient! I mean really in 1 pass WTG, if I was in a rush, and this is on 5 days, I would of been fine with a solid SAS/DFS area with no issues at all. Thus far, this has been a great razor to have, really have enjoyed it.

PAA Cube, always does the job for me, nothing new to say there.

Meštar Bagulina I love the piney, woodsy smell, easy to lather, make nice, slick lather, you have have it thicker or runnier, does not matter, its slick, feels nice on the skin and the post shave feel was excellent, always is. Really enjoy it.

First time using the Original 1932 Floid The Genuine Aftershave and it did not disappoint. I did enjoy it, I am not big on scents meaning sometimes I don't pick up on like all the scents of something but this did have some menthol in it, I would say not like a lot but enough to notice. Mind you I really do like menthol so take that into consideration but it has a nice kick of it. The smell was nice, the alcohol content was, I prefer stronger alcohol content in aftershave splashes and this one did have a good amount of it in it so if I were to say anything, it has a refreshing smell and post feel after, a good amount of alcohol (I like the burning sensation and sting especially as feedback as I do not use alum) and a nice menthol feel it is as well so you can say a nice balance of everything. I am glad I did get it.

Meštar Bagulina Post shave balm, works very well for me, I enjoy the smell of it and the post shave feel, helps with any irritation I have.

This was a great shave for me, I went WTG, WTG wtih touch ups then ATG. No cuts, nicks, weepers and irriation, got a great BBS! Happy with the results, happy with my shaving progress and journey. :cool:

20230702_220805.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I do not own many American items but I have these: a Gillette Slim Adjustable, Currier & Ives cologne made by Williams, and a can of Barbasol which is a souvenir of a wonderful month long tour of the USA to celebrate the 50th birthday of my wife.

20230703_092537~2.jpg

Here is me about to buy my Barbasol 🤣

rd-1.JPG

The day before Independence Day, shave. All American other than the Prorasso Blue preshave, Omega brush, and Feather blade bin.

First time with the Ariana & Evans. Smells excellent, slick shaving, and the aftershave feels amazingly smooth and clean.

The Timeless Ti .68 is seriously surprising me with how smooth and efficient it is.
Overall, another fantastic and enjoyable shave.

To all my fellow American shavers here and anyone visiting, may you have an excellent Independence Day.

71FF9B93-2E12-45EA-A5F5-FB01B94A60B3.jpeg 159AB96D-847B-415B-AE4E-61BFE46F8D81.jpeg

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink Protouch MG
Brush: Yaqi Red/Black Marble Tuxedo
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer’s Lavender Witch Hazel /Nancy Boy Replenishing After-Shave Gel
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Pre-shave: Proraso White
Brush: Razorock 400
Lather: Proraso Green
Razor: 1960s Gillette "Tech" (made in England)
Blade: Pro Max "Platinum"
Toner: Olay "Refreshing Energy"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Mennen "Skin Bracer"
Face cream: Dove Men+ care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-07-03.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom