What's new

🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯• SOTD - β€œFruit and Veg Week”! July 17th - 23rd, 2023 🍎 πŸ‘ 🫐 πŸ“ πŸ‡ 🍊 πŸ₯¦ πŸ₯•

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2294.jpeg

Pre-shave: Bloom water wash
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Nacet (new)
Soap: A&E K2e Apricity
Brush: Semogue TSN LE Badger
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented
And a splash of The Veg
Β 
SOTD JULY 23rd
July 2023 GRUME

Hello friends

This weekend I didn't shave on Saturday as usual. Instead I did a late Sunday shave. And since I felt pretty lazy, I opted for a cream instead of a soap to deal with my 4-day beard. For that I chose the R41 with Wizamet (2), Proraso Blue and Semogue SOC Mistura. I finished with the stupendous Alpa Windsor AS. A wonderful BBS.

With us, Gerry Mulligan.

Rating: 10

Have a nice Sunday evening and great shaves.
❀️πŸͺ’

5DDEDC6F-2C48-474D-B581-81AA8FAE3786.jpeg
IMG_0012.jpeg
Β 
Sunday, July 23, 2023.

FloΓ―d oil pre shave. Floris 89: Shaving soap, lotion, balm aftershave & EdT. Pablo Fuertes: Tortoiseshell pattern polyester resin in shaving brush. Forgia Luca Pizzi, Mile e una notte: San Mai damast + F720 steel , full hollow, 7/8, spanish point, persian mosaic scales.
IMG_4847.jpeg
Β 
IMG_5774.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant Plus
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D2)

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0
Lather: P.A.A. Doppelganger Oxblood
Brush: T.W.S.S. Faux Horn
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A. Doppelganger Oxblood

Mine and my lady's baby shower was yesterday and this was my shave of the day in preparation. Obviously, it was a busy day so I had no time to post.

So, Doppelganger Oxblood... I chose this software because it's just so freakin' good! As of right now, this is my favorite scent of '23. Seriously! If you pass on this one, you'll never know. But I will! Lol.

It's an homage to Penhaligon's Sartorial. Which may not mean a lot to you if you're unfamiliar with the brand or fragrance. But believe me when I tell you both Penhaligon and Sartorial are legendary.

I'm actually wishing I bought a backup set and some of the other offerings in this scent since I don't know how long it will be before we see this release again.

The Aylsworth Kopparkant Plus very much fit into the color scheme and is a fantastic razor that I'm still excited to use. It's both smooth and efficient with just the right amount of blade feel. I'm really digging all aspects of this razor.

All in all this was a great shave! I easily walked away with a bbs and was smelling like a true gentleman, ready to welcome our family and friends.

Take care and enjoy your shaves.
Β 
SE SOTD, Friday, July 21st 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC type- Mfg 2021> tame mid range, simple blade clamping, small head parts( assemble over a wash cloth). This little razor is one of my favorites in my large SE razor collection. Performance is stellar 95%> of the time.
Had a close shave with no issues this morning.
Blade : Schick Proline (2) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Razorock Lavender, nice scented soap of lavender with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Purple haze" 24mm synthetic knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless)
Results : View attachment 1689730 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a excellent stellar shave this morning with no issues + a Schick proline coated blade. Very happy results this morning!
View attachment 1689732
Have some great shaves!
Lovely razor you got.
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom