RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
Crown King Dual Chamber Scuttle
RazoRock Black Hawk Single Edge Razor
Feather Artist Club Professional Blade – 18th Shave
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Aqua Velva Original Sport Cologne

$161212 SOTD IMG_3893.jpg

SUNDAY COMMENTS:

@Smooth Steve - Neat layout, Steve. How was the Gatlinburg?
Thank you. Yesterday I tried the Gatlinburg & today I tried the Coniferous. Both were excellent and preformed great. I really like the post-shave I get from Sterling soaps. I wish the Gatlinburg was a tad stronger in scent. The Coniferous was notably stronger and I preferred this over the Gatlinburg after my initial use of each. The sample size is very generous and I am looking forward to using them more in the near future.
Steve

ATT S2 Kronos / Feather
Rudy Vey Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band
Shave Bowl by Symmetrical Pottery
Tabac Shave Soap
Mr. Fine's American Blend

proxy.php

I have been trying some different blades lately, i.e. Personna Med Prep, Gillette Silver Blue and Polsilver SI. They're all good blades and give me a good shave, but nothing compares to a brand new Feather blade in my S2; sharp and smooth for a close, comfortable shave. :001_smile

Schick.krona with 7oclock black in 3rd shave. Geo trumper soap puck and the lather would just disappear? ? 1st time using it on my vintage avon mug score. I was not impressed and not worthy for such a cool mug. The semogue brush is only 2 weeks old with daily test lathering. .... thayers lavender witch hazel and the godly stephans after shave to finish it ...they have the best bay rum and lilac out there! Old school goodness

Last edited:
Tuesday's Shave
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

CV Heljestrand MK*31 in Ivory
Paladin Pk-47 in Jade
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica shave soap
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica aftershave
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

Have a Nice Tuesday Gentlemen

Thank you. Yesterday I tried the Gatlinburg & today I tried the Coniferous. Both were excellent and preformed great. I really like the post-shave I get from Sterling soaps. I wish the Gatlinburg was a tad stronger in scent. The Coniferous was notably stronger and I preferred this over the Gatlinburg after my initial use of each. The sample size is very generous and I am looking forward to using them more in the near future.
Steve

Thanks, Steve.

What a way to start the week! Monday's SOTD was a plethora of beauty in pictures and words. Gentlemen, you keep the standard high!

Thank you, one and all. Your photographs, text posts and commentaries are greatly appreciated.

@evnpar - A tantalizing presentation.
@DblD - Nice alignment. Fine looking brush with the black knot.
@blexa - Attractive pic. Like the Claymore resting on the brush handle.
@Tenergy - Fine photo of an excellent shave, Valeri. I love that SE!
@carm-gs - Like the overhead shot. That's one fine looking shave. How did you like the Argento EdT?
@Cash_Stronomer - I get cold just looking at that photo! Good brew on a cold day!
@skypsyd - Very interesting light and shadow play, Dave. Like the color saturation. Neat razor.
@Clint64 - Tempting setup. The Calypso is a fine looking razor. Thanks for the commentary.
@120inna55 - Very attractive POV shot, Matt. The razor and blade leaning on the jar is a nice touch. Club Humidor sounds very interesting.
@cmh737 - Quite an elegant photo, Chris, and a regal shave to boot.
@eezee - Neat shot of a real comfort shave: sandalwood, bay rum and the 34C!
@Dagwoodz - Josh, I imagine the Van Yulay paired well with the Penhaligon's.
@shm - Excellent capture of what looks to be quite a refreshing shave, Søren.
@witeq - Choice b&w, Witek. How was the Lemongrass & Cajeput soap?
@lindyhop66 - Cozy little portrait. Impressive blade.
@ram57 - Just the right touch of treatment gives an edge to a chilling shave.
@Rusty Blade - Feel the magnetism! I like the way the character seems to be embracing your elements.
@SCshaver - An eye-catching layout. Looks to be an impressive shave.
@Bobcat - Nicely color coordinated shave, Bob.
@azwetshaver - Like this layered arrangement, Gabe. Quite effective for the POV.
@doc47 - Such an attractive close-knit array, Dan. Perfect for the overhead shot.
@cruise_bone - (1) I like a good one-horse shave and TOBS is a great way to go! That handle make the Symmetry one snazzy razor. How do you like the TOBS pre-shave gel? (2) That's quite a handle on your razor. Is it comfortable to use? (3) How is the Merkur travel razor? I have the bakelite model for travel but find it too light.
@Loei - Neat handle on the Testina. Looks like a fine length.
@blzrfn - Splendid photo, Dave. How was the Apollo slant? Love that bottle.
@Jnatcat - Great size on the scuttle, Will; it allows some fine POV shots. The next Wolf Whiskers I get is going to be a two color one with a similar design.
@Brewster - Excellent design in this photo with extreme cropping, close placement and a rustic tone to the colors.
@mlb0926ad - Nice layout. Like the towels in the back. I guess the craft beer works best if you shave in the evening. With me the beverage would have to be coffee.
@Rumwood - Like this vertical shot. Good low angle perspective.
@ram57 - A fine Tabac portrait. I'd look forward to a shave like that!
@theos - Arrayment is the thing in this photograph. Excellent viewpoint!
@Smattayu - Very refined layout, Eric. Like the angle of your razor placement.
@xxlpack - Handsome closeup of your elements. Like the blue and yellow frame.
@samlark - That's a dandy overhead shot, Sammy. I really should pickup some A/S from The Holy Black.
@ciderguy - Outstanding close-in pic, Nick. This treatment really makes quite the artistic piece.
@Antique Hoosier - Excellent micro-esque photo, Mike. Like your cropping.
@Smooth Steve - Quite a striking POV, Steve. The 3-dimensional illusion is very effective.
@sandstone - Smart looking photo, Phil. I like the variety of using different blades but it is nice to know that there really is a blade you can depend on.
@EzraCobb - Like your low level shot, Jamie. That is a neat mug. Too bad about the Trumper soap. I've heard that the puck can be a pain to lather. I've only used a sample of the cream and it lathered ok.
@evnpar - An exquisite layout. Beautiful brush.
@skypsyd - Superlative photo, Dave, and a stupendous shave.

I hope everyone's Monday was excellent and that the evening is the same. I must shuffle my old bones off to rest now so I'll bid everyone a goodnight. See you soon, gents.

Last edited:
Today started in "Almond Heaven" again:

Pre shave: warm water
Brush: Plisson Cade
Lather: Saponificio Virgilio Valobra Genova Crema di sapone purissima
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1st shave)
After shave: warm and cold water, Pitralon Classic

An incredibly rich, luscious, creamy, slick and protective lather produced straight in my face with my soft Plisson brush from the "divine Valobra" with its inimitably natural scent of sweet and bitter almonds, followed by a mild, safe, yet very close two-pass shave WTG, ATG and a little cleaning up at the chin and neck, as usual. :thumbup1:

Have a great day, gentlemen!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Prototype Platypus - Tony Forsyth / Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Thank you for your great pictures gentlemen - I hope you all have a fantastic Tuesday :thumbup:

[MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION], thanks for the props on my last shave.

12-12-13
Morris and Forndran Finest
ATT S1/Feather
Razorock Mudder Focker
Soap Commander Courage balm
Thayers
$12-13-2016.jpg

December 13, 2016
Option Five Razor
Feather
Romera Olive Wood Synthetic
MdC Fougere
Witch Hazel
Fine Lavender

Up for today’s shave is the maiden voyage of the Option Five Razor. The razor is made of Nickel Alloy and is on the heavy side at 120 grams or 4.2 ounces. It is looks very futuristic and is advertised to appeal to both men and women. It is so very different from all my other razors, that I am surprised at how much I like the looks of the razor. I loaded up a new Feather blade. I found the blade to be very easy to load and the blade exposure even on both sides. The handle appeared like it would be slippery with wet hands but this is not the case. I had no issues with the handle slipping during use. I did find myself gripping the razor in the waist section of the handle. Going with a three pass shave, WTG, XTG & ATG followed by touch ups ended in my usual near BBS. I found the razor to be mild, not as mild as a Merkur 34c, but efficient. You can really hear the razor cut the whiskers especially on the XTG pass. Even though it is the first shave, I am impressed with the Option 5 razor. I will continue using the razor alternating it with the R1 Calypso over the next week or so. I hope everyone has a great Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom