Saponificio Varesino 2.0 Shaving Brush in faux horn
Klas Törnblom Eskilstuna Sweden (35/64) Concave or Rattler Grind
Alum block rub and cold-water rinse
ZIHR Soothe After Shave Balm
Bond #9 Cologne
Lather Bowl from Symmetrical Pottery
Towels – Towel Emporium
Click here to view quoted image.

There you are tempting again, Dan. Looking good!

Do you find the Crown pre-shave cream an effective product? Looks like you had a great shave.
Ron, it's one of the best pre shaves for me. From the convenience of the pump to scent to it being a gel. Very nice slickness without the oily feel.
9/10

Sunday morning's shave:

http://i.imgur.com/MMkqrsf.jpg

RE: Van Yulay's Puros La Habana.
Holy guacamole! I ordered some pre-shave oil as i've never used one before, the PLH soap and AS (no menthol) combo, Durham Green combo, and Italian Wind combo. The oil seems to have done the trick for pre-treatment of my gnarly beard. I had a warm shower, massaged a half-a-dime sized amount of oil on afterward, then went to work loading my brush. Worked up a face lather in no time, lots of peaks, very thick and rich, slick, just enough cushion, and the fragrance is intoxicating.
The PLH really does evolve as it dries, the aftershave splash could be good enough as a cologne, but is a really soothing aftershave. My wife says it's still strong after about eight hours. It also pairs very well with Black Cavendish if you're a pipe smoker, and this stuff put us in the mood for a walk through Redoubt Park and a bowl of black cav.
Grading:
Performance - A+ for the overall combination PS/soap/AS.
Fragrance - A+ unbelievable, and really good staying power for the aftershave splash

Nice write up on the Van Yulay. I've been thinking about ordering it.

Ron, it's one of the best pre shaves for me. From the convenience of the pump to scent to it being a gel. Very nice slickness without the oily feel.
9/10

Thanks. That's good to know. I've almost ordered a bottle a couple of times. I've tried so many pre-shave oils and most are mediocre at best.

It's been a great day for Sunday SOTDs, gents. Excellent photos all.

l love coming to this forum every day to gaze upon what others have used in their morning/afternoon/evening adventures in stubble elimination. Keep at it ... feed my addiction.

I want to thank each of you, whether you've provided a photograph or a text SOTD. All are appreciated.

I'll be shutting down this week's thread in an hour or so and opening a new one for Monday soon afterward.

Thanks again for a great week of SOTDs. I'm expecting the coming week will be at least as spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom