What's new

<<< SOTD - “Cheapie” Theme Week - August 7th - 13th, 2023 >>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again, B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Cheapie Shaving Setups”.

Let’s try to be frugal this week and use some of our least expensive shaving gear!

This week, put away the $300 Silvertip badger brushes, Wolfman razors, KAI and Med Prep blades and $50 tubs of soap!

We want to see your inexpensive soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, blades and any other shaving accessories that didn’t cost an arm and a leg. Show us and tell us all about what you use that is inexpensive. If you bought a rare vintage razor at a thrift shop for dirt cheap, that counts too!

Nothing cheapie themed? You must be rich! But please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of cheapie themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your Cheapie shaving gear!

2023-08-07

Ikea Bowl ¤ Semogue 840 ¤ Gillette Tech + 7 O'clock SS
Palmolive Classic ¤ Floïd Suave ¤ Escentric Molecule 01

proxy.php

SOTD, Monday, August 7th, 2023

Shower at gym + glycerin soap face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap stick
Plisson badger brush
Joris open comb safety razor + Gillette Silver Blue stainless blade
Cool washcloth rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington cologne

proxy.php

20230806_082617.jpg

Razor: Gem 1912 Damaskeene Open Comb
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

SOTD AUGUST 7th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends

A sunny 30°C winter day. Yes, friends, it happens around here...

Perfect for Arko and Proraso Rinfrescante. Green Cult 2.0 plate II, Perma-Sharp (2) and Semogue 830 were wonderful, as always.

Accompanying our journey in spectacular way was the great McCoy Tyner.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❤️🪒

0A06776D-1852-44DC-AB01-6A798A75C656.jpeg
IMG_0383.jpeg

Menthol Monday SOTD
20230806_181214.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D1)
Brush: Vie-Long 13061 Horsehair 24mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

Tuesday SOTD
20230806_180524.jpg

Razor: Colonial Razors The General
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (D2)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club "SOC" Boar Taj 24mm
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Valencia Iceed
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Aftershave: Extro Italiana

DD56FF2C-542F-422A-8886-B254F3F133EC.jpeg

Razor: Weck Sextoblade
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (D2)

Lather: Zingari Man Bon Monsieur
Brush: Heritage Collection Ever-Ready 3-Step
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Oh, man. Let me tell you... Shaving with a replaceable blade straight razor is becoming quite an addicting experience. This being my second shave with this razor and blade, I'm finding out just how much I love this format.

The quality of shave I get from this combo is just insane. The blade is so sharp and effortlessly goes through my facial hair. It's just a joy to use. Sure safety razors will do the same if they're paired with a truly sharp blade but there's just something different about this format. Something a lot more fun. I'm telling you. When I say this smooth shaves, I mean Smooth!

Sure I may end up with more than a few weepers along the way but for the most part, they're really small. Besides, I'm a man so what's a tiny bit of blood in exchange for the sweetest bbs shaves I've ever had? I mean, I'm the type that uses alum after every shave and always prefers an alcohol aftershave over others.

As far as the soap goes Bon Monsieur is fantastic and I'm a fool for not yet having bought a full set. It's of the highest quality you'll find out there. Trust me. If you've ever experienced Zingari Man's Sego base then you know just how great it is. No joke. If you've never used Zingari Man before you have to do something about that asap. Just do it. You'll thank me.

I did essentially three passes and loved the result. I could feel the alum and aftershave pretty well but then that's when I bust out the Hydro Boost. This stuff works wonders for irritation and I highly recommend it.

All in all an awesome shave was had. Thanks for reading and enjoy yours.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom