What's new

Sorry, but Proraso just smells gross.

I find Proraso Cream to smell clean and fresh every time I use it. :drool:

The balm has the least amount of smell, but works like a charm

The A/S Splash is one of the BEST hands down.

This is the only product that I have stocked and I was in mourning when Target
decided to deprive us of this beloved brand.

+1

I find Proraso refreshing and it seems to have a positive impact on my skin. Granted, the aroma isn't much to speak of, but it does help clear the sinuses! :wink:

my nose must be defective, too :biggrin: I don't think the soap cake and Pre/post neither have a strong scent (nothing to call home about, anyway), nor they smell bad (maybe because my mother never used Vap-O-Rub on me ?)

The thing I love the most is that the scent fades away pretty soon. I hate shaving products sporting intense scents/smells :wink:

If you don't like the smell, just use the prorasocream and ad another shavesoap. Then you've got the cooling effect and a nice smell.
But I love proraso, it's just great .

It's too bad Martelli spa discontinued Proraso Red. I didn't try to scrounge for leftovers, because using a product that I like while knowing it to be discontinued is kinda depressing.

But Proraso green is still very good stuff, in fact my best shaves lately have been performed with a cheap Omega boar brush and Proraso green in a tub. Go figure. Maybe I'm not too susceptible to smells. :cool:

I tried Proraso, bought the repackaged version at Bath and Body Works. I like it, nice cooling sensation (that might be good sometimes)... but what I really like is Derby Normal (made by Evya Industries- also makers of Derby blades). Too bad it is hard to find in the US, I got my sample for free. It seems to leave my skin feeling really soft and it is soothing without being icy menthol feeling. I could order a tube of the Arko Sensitive which I believe is the same product and is also made by Evyap, but is repackaged. I suppose it is always possible there's other creams out there that are that good, too- I have only tried about 4 creams.

The smell of both takes some getting used to, they are sort of medicinal smelling, almost like cleaning products. But I haven't found any that smell horrible... yet. Maybe I'm just not very sensitive to smells.

Well I think Proraso is awesome, but I'm glad to see the occasional detractor, it reminds me we're not robots. :)
As a tribute to this thread I shaved with Kiss my Face "Peaceful Patchouli", which my gf hates.
Well I shaved before I read this thread, but I'm retrofitting things.

Just checking in as another member of PNAS (Proraso non-appreciation society).

My high school janitor would scrub the locker rooms and showers with a concentrated pine cleaner in mop water, and this is what Proraso reminds me of. It was a definite improvement for the locker room, but not something I particularly want to smell in the morning. While I don't mind the smell of menthol or eucalyptus, the Proraso scent has a harsh, nasty edge to it that really turns me off. It's a shame, because I really like the smell of the Proraso balm.

As someone mentioned upthread, it also leaves a gummy residue behind on the razor.

I am in the process of using up my first (and last) tube of this stuff. My low cost cream of choice going forward will be Musgo Real, which has, IMHO, one of the most pleasant scents out there.

No disrespect to you Proraso lovers out there - YMMV.

Musgo is good. I like making a shaving cocktail out of it by adding their pre shave oil. Yum. Give a great shave that way.

Top Bottom