What's new

**SOLD OUT** Limited Edition Soap from TTFFCraft **SOLD OUT**

I got my package today. I plan on using it in the morning. I am super excited because it has a matching aftershave ...a little extra fragrance from one of my colognes and I'll be ready rocking it.
A huge thank you to Maria Arman...I appreciate the fantastic opportunity to own and enjoy a 2016 memorial soap.

I got mine today also! The scent is very nice. Not as sharp as the scent of roses off the bush...just a nice rose scent, a little on the mellow side. I will be using this in the morning and letting you all know how I like it. Thanks again to maria for a wonderful soap!

Shaved with my tub this morning and I have to say that is one great soap. I know the scent is going to be one of those things that the guys are either going to love or hate because of the floral notes to it. That being said...I wasn't too sure that I would like it either. The only software that I had experienced in the rose scented variety was TOBS...and I wasn't all that impressed with it...the scent that is. This currants and roses is whole different story. Much more sophisticated and more depth of scent. I really enjoy it. I will say, however, while I might be able to get away with this scent here in Southern Louisiana for a couple more weeks, I do think this is more of a Springtime scent. I might try it again...but it will probably go back into the den until march or April.

All this being said...the soap shaves like a champ! I have had a couple of the Maggard Soaps before and I am aware that TTFFC makes those, but this one is different. First off, the soap is softer than I was expecting, which is why I loaded probably way too much on my brush...oh well, tough problems right? This soap has a very strong scent that seems to last even after the shave. It loaded very easily, and lathered (I face lathered this morning...as I do every morning) incredibly well. I used my Omega Pro 49 and had probably enough lather for about six or seven passes...maybe more. I did four passes (WtG, XtG, AtG, and a final cleanup/WtG pass). I will say that the residual slickness on this soap, in my opinion, is through the roof. I think I could shave my whole face and neck area in another pass just on the residual slickness alone. Lots of cushion and glide...very slick...and a nice moisturizing feel. Overall, this stuff is great! I like the packaging also. While inconvenience in soap (type of container or other inconveniences) will never be a factor in using a soap if the soap is really good, it does help a bit to really like the container it is in. The container is a good size to lather the soap...wide and deep.

I splashed on the matching aftershave and I will admit that I was experiencing a little tingle from the soap and aftershave...something in it doesn't like my skin...it wasn't enough for me to really worry about. Is this a top five soap for me? No, sadly it isn't...but it might be a top ten. I am glad I purchased this for many reasons...all in all this is a really good soap.

+1 to what [MENTION=93173]dangerousdon[/MENTION] said. I just finished using the soap and matching AS, the performance is seriously top notch. To me the scent was very light, with the AS having more. To be honest, I'm not smelling much today due to allergies but what I did smell was perfectly fine with me.

The soap loads quickly and lathers up just as rapidly, it holds plenty of water and has a huge "water band", allowing a thick or thin lather (thin and wet being incredible slick). I agree that it had a great amount of residual slickness. I thought maybe I had so much residual slickness because I loaded so much or rinsed poorly but if Don is getting the same thing it must be the soap.

I found my face getting irritated this morning but with a two day sun burn and a freshly honed blade, it probably isn't the soap. For me, the AS was absolutely AWSOME. It felt great going on and smelled perfectly.
Good stuff!

I used the soap again this morning and I have to say that this is some really good soap. I think a little of it goes a long way. I have technically never had a TTFFC soap, but I have used a couple of the Maggard Razor Soaps. This St. Sue version is by far superior to those. I don't want to say this is a thirsty soap, that would be a bit of a misnomer, but this soap is very water tolerant. Yesterday I used a very dry brush and added a ton of water to make the lather. Today, I used a very wet brush and still added a lot of water (wanted to see how much I could add). I think I could still add more. Very moisturizing, great post shave feel, easy to load and lather, great protection and cushion. This is some really good stuff. Just thought I would report again. Have a great day gents...and good luck auctioning!

I agree a little goes a long way. I face lathered again last night and found no irritation at all, confirming my suspicions that the soap was not the cause of irritation. I also swirled once in the puck this morning before loading in a vintage Williams puck ...much more rose scent this morning and the lather was superb.

Good Stuff Again!!
proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Got mine Monday. Opened it, sniffed it, closed it. It will remain closed until next year's Auction.

$E5213000 (2).jpg

I have used my Sue Moore Memorial soap and splash for the last two days and will continue to use it through the week. The soap seems to provide excellent glide and cushion and in combination with the splash my skin is left supple and well moisturized. In the Summer when my skin tends to be more oily this combination wouldn't be ideal, but now that my skin is trending towards the dry side it is welcome. Loading the soap is very easy and after several water additions the lather transforms from a sticky, pasty texture to a lovely creamy state with a beautiful sheen (just the way I like it). There is a light heating/tingling sensation from both which I'm not sure if this is a personal reaction to an ingredient or just a characteristic of the soap in general (is anybody else experiencing this?). The sensation isn't painful and there is no redness so I compare it to the experience I get from La Toja Monantiales or the modern La Toja shave stick. As to the fragrance, I don't find it overly feminine at all and while not a traditional shaving scent it is an enjoyable combination of sweet and savory which should pair well with some of my rose and wood based colognes. My wife and daughters especially enjoy the fragrance and my four-year-old took a splash for herself yesterday. Thank you to Maria and B&B for making this set available!

Dave, this has been a common theme, with varying levels of sensation, unfortunately for me it was intense and what seems to be most Rose Soaps, I cannot use. to bad because the scent is wonderful. I had the same reaction with the AS. So it has been appropriated by the Boss, but it was for a good cause, so I may try again. The other TTFSC soaps I have are fine

Smells great, a blend of black cherry and rose, but I had a reaction to it too. I don't normally have a problem with rose (and rarely even try a new soap), but this one left my face itchy for a few hours until I washed it off and slapped on some witch hazel. I only scooped out enough for one shave and lathered in a bowl, so soap and a/s are now down in the basement box. Hopefully I'll remember for next years auction. No regrets as I would have made a donation with or without the soap.

Dave, this has been a common theme, with varying levels of sensation, unfortunately for me it was intense and what seems to be most Rose Soaps, I cannot use. to bad because the scent is wonderful. I had the same reaction with the AS. So it has been appropriated by the Boss, but it was for a good cause, so I may try again. The other TTFSC soaps I have are fine

Interesting, thanks for the confirmation. I can't say the sensation is overbearing but it is definitely noticeable from about two minutes after the lather is on my face and on until a few minutes after I am done. Since it isn't painful and doesn't seem to have any visible effects I am going to continue using the soap until the end of the month. It is a great scent and the lather performs beyond reproach, it's just weird for me to have a reaction.

I had a slight reaction as well. Only a feel, and not lingering. It was really purchased for the Mrs., so I will report back with her findings shortly!

Lovely lather. I am not sure if this is the same base recipe as last year's soap, but my first lather with the 2016 was better than any of my lathers from last year. Overall, I am really pleased and very happy to have contributed to such a worthy cause.

Top Bottom