Personna Stainless PTFE GEM (3)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: warm shower :001_wub:
Lather: Captain’s Choice Unscented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Ulm Nom
Post-shave: face wash with shave binky and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

Got better at a lighter touch. Aftershave disagreed, but otherwise yes. Non-mauled parts of face from the last shave didn’t have hairs curled back. The next stubble crop might be gooder. Still, I took forever again. Will try with less chipmunk bites next time. Have to whip up more Ulm Nom, too.

Happy shaves, everyone!

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Last night’s two-fer shave
GEM Micromatic Open Comb
Personna Stainless PTFE GEM (4)
Blackland stainless Blackbird OC
Bic Chrome Platinum (2?)
Damp facecloth aka “shave binky”
AP ShaveCo Dinosaur G5C 28mm synthetic brush
Pre-shave: no
Lather: Captain’s Choice Unscented bowl-loaded; face-lathered
Aftershave: Aqua Velva
Post-shave: warm shower :001_wub: and a drop of hyaluronic acid
Post-shave: mentholated Equate moisturizer

No noticeable curlbacks/ingrowns tonight.

Don’t know why I lathered and shaved before my shower given I haven’t done that too good since my Wickham’s Lemon Pledge ran out last year. Even a face wash prior to shaving would’ve been better. Alternated between nigh-neutral and fencing grips and shallow and nigh-neutral angles with my trusty Micromatic Open Comb with long and short strokes and it was just a time-consuming, sub-standard shave. The Aqua Velva elucidated my foibles.

Cleaned up the gear and jumped in the shower with my Blackbird. Shaved nape of neck and then cleaned up face and front of neck with shampoo and a little bar soap. All steep. All comfortable. So much closer with much less effort than most razors used. All “hey, dummy! This razor, the Travel Raptor SE, and the Overlander are your razors – sell off or PIF away the rest!” Yes, it’s a loud razor.

Happy shaves, everyone!

Top Bottom