What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think this is a 4th variant, style 3, type J Schick Injector, from between 1959 and 1964. I know nothing about these so perhaps an expert can confirm. I have never tried a Schick so am looking forward to it.

20240119_131446~2.jpg

20240119_131534~2.jpg

Seller on EBay had a listing for three razors - two GEM 1912's and a STAR head only - the STAR only showed the back in all of the photos. I asked the seller for a pic of the front of the razor as I hoped it was a Lather Catcher of some sort.
Seller never responded to my request but instead sent an offer. So when the package arrived yesterday I was still hoping for a lather catcher of some sorts. Lo and behold it was a Star Bar. I added one of the pretty fluted handles I had as extras and I think it looks great.

FullSizeRender-compressed.jpeg
FullSizeRender(1)-compressed.jpeg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Yaqi Tachi
YaqiTachi.jpg

It's using half DE blades. The handle is a new generic 303 but polished handle that is loosely inspired by the RazoRock thin bar handle, it's also rather short and thin.

Knurling is moderately grippy, not as slippery as DSCosmetic but also not as grippy as Alpha Shaving. Razorock handles have more grip as well. But I think it has good grip, whereas grip is very much depending on handle shape for DSCosmetics.

I just shaved a few hours ago before it got delivered, give me 2 days. The head looks like the Yaqi Katana but geometry and feel while shaving are supposedly very different.

This will be interesting! 😀

Yaqi Tachi
View attachment 1784770
It's using half DE blades. The handle is a new generic 303 but polished handle that is loosely inspired by the RazoRock thin bar handle, it's also rather short and thin.

Knurling is moderately grippy, not as slippery as DSCosmetic but also not as grippy as Alpha Shaving. Razorock handles have more grip as well. But I think it has good grip, whereas grip is very much depending on handle shape for DSCosmetics.

I just shaved a few hours ago before it got delivered, give me 2 days. The head looks like the Yaqi Katana but geometry and feel while shaving are supposedly very different.

This will be interesting! 😀
It will indeed!
Let us know what you think. I shaved with mine last week and was pleasantly surprised. Yes, it's aggressive. But it can be tamed. :smile:

proxy.php

Damn, that's a beaut. congrats! Do you have a purchase link by any chance?
Thanks...here's the link

Top Bottom