What's new

Side-by-Side tests of "Top Rated" Shaving Soaps

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Tabac really is among the best soaps available, even with tons of great new options popping up all the time nowadays. Some of the best there is.

Tabac really is among the best soaps available, even with tons of great new options popping up all the time nowadays. Some of the best there is.
Definitely one of the best from my trials. And among other reasons I love it is that it's a pretty stable company. Many of these fantastic soaps are made by artisans which I really admire, but are at greater risk of going OOB.

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Definitely one of the best from my trials. And among other reasons I love it is that it's a pretty stable company. Many of these fantastic soaps are made by artisans which I really admire, but are at greater risk of going OOB.

Don't you out that evil on me, Ricky Bobby!

I would hate to see any more artisans go under. I really love PC Nuavia, SV, Mike's, and plenty of others. That all said, who knows what the future holds? We could all someday be forced to use carts or grow a beard someday if the resurgence of traditional wet shaving diminishes.

I would hate to see any more artisans go under. I really love PC Nuavia, SV, Mike's, and plenty of others. That all said, who knows what the future holds? We could all someday be forced to use carts or grow a beard someday if the resurgence of traditional wet shaving diminishes.

Definitely. This much I've learned: the only way to protect yourself against your favorite soap going OOB or a major change in formula is to have several in your rotation. For me that's key, because of all the accoutrements: razor, blades, brush, scuttle, etc. etc... the most important variable for me is the soap.

This competition features:

Antica Barbiera Colla
Barrister & Mann Tallow
Caties Bubbles *(have La Piement de vie, assume others have similar formula, different scent?)
Cella Crema Barba
Chiselled Face *(have several, assume same formula different scent?)
Martin de Candre
Phoenix Artisan Clubguy
Razorock *(have 3, but assume formulas are same except for scent?)
St James London Cedarwood *(have several other SJOL, assume same formula different scent?)
Tabac
TOBS Sandalwood

I'll boil it down to the best 2 or 3 for me based on closeness and comfort, then probably choose among the finalists more based on scent.
I can already tell you who the winner is or should be MDC

SV is a great soap

Top Bottom