What's new

Show us your butterscotch brushes!

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I don't like the color orange. Also I don't like butterscotch candy.

1-7-22.Muramasa.Vitos.RudyVeyButterscotch.DO1.640.JPG

11-21-21.Denali.SS-NIL.RudyVey.ShavemacPure.640.JPG

Both of these are Rudy Vey butterscotch handles. Not the same color butterscotch but butterscotch. On the left is a DO1 two band. On the right, a Shavemac Best Badger.

I do like butterscotch shaving brush handles.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
12-19-22.UnbleachedBoars.2.640.JPG

Would you call this brush butterscotch?

I would but I could see why you might not. In any case, several gentlemen have acquired similar unbleached knots from Your Shaving. They're getting rave reviews. For good reason.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Here’s my one and only butterscotch. I have no idea of the manufacturer or age so if anyone could provide said info it would be muchly appreciated. I’ve included photos of the box ends if that helps - nothing else on brush or box.

IMG_2823.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2826.jpeg
    IMG_2826.jpeg
    810.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2827.jpeg
    IMG_2827.jpeg
    824.6 KB · Views: 11

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
7-16-23.Plasticet.Bakelite.Lake.640.JPG

7-16-23.Lake.Bakelite.Fuller.Plastiset.Set.640.JPG

7-16-23.Bakelite.Mike's.Opgress.640.BoathouseJPG.JPG

All photos are the same brush, Plasticet Bakelite Fuller.

Yes, I've used it for a shave, but mostly it's just beautiful to look at. There's no modern material which duplicates the look of old bakelite as it ages.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
1-12-24.Bayonetta.Mike's.KeyholePure.640JPG.JPG

In another post I incorrectly identified this knot.

It's a Shavemac Pure in a Rudy Vey handle. This is my only brush with that grade of knot. Rudy told me this was one of the good pure knots. Using it this morning I was impressed at how easily and well it loaded and lathered.

If pushed lightly into my face it is a bit too heavy in presence. I'd call that presence scritch but with a little added pokiness. It's not really bad, but it's there. When the knot is sprayed on my skin it feels pretty good, and much more comfortable; in that mode the knot performs big time. There is always some presence.

Splayed, the scrub is pretty good. It has potential.

How about painting with this knot? It wouldn't be easy to name a knot which paints better than this Shavemac Pure.

This morning I found myself thinking the knot has broken in a little more. I have no idea how it will progress, but it could perhaps develop into a favorite of sorts. Yes, some gentlemen say badgers don't break in. I don't know about this Shavemac Pure, but I know some badger knots break in to an extreme degree. Badgers can sometimes transform.

1-3-24.WR2-1.35.Mike's.ZenCopMan.640.JPG

This knot was always very good and a favorite albeit with a backbone transplanted from a dinosaur.

Friends warned me to go very easy with it!

They were right.

Now the knot has tremendous backbone, incredible softness, and delicious scrub.​

I'm speaking only of my own experience and impressions well aware you are probably much unlike me in whiskers, skin, experience, etc. Feel free to ignore the subtly persuasive mind tricks you play on yourself.

BOSC.2.EnablersOf shaving science.jpg

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom