What's new

Show off your SSA Swedish blades

Ok, so I have SSRAD(Swedish Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder). I'm very interested in Swedish razors. I just picked up an SSA to add to my Heljestrand, EA Berg, Klas Törnblom, and CW Dahlgren. I haven't seen many SSA razors on the forums, so let's see them.

Here's mine, these are the seller's pictures.
IMG_7219.jpg

IMG_7218.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so I have SSRAD(Swedish Straight Razor Acquisition Disorder). I'm very interested in Swedish razors. I just picked up an SSA to add to my Heljestrand, EA Berg, Klas Törnblom, and CW Dahlgren. I haven't seen many SSA razors on the forums, so let's see them.

Here's mine, these are the seller's pictures.
View attachment 807736
View attachment 807737

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice.
I just won one off the bay last night. While not an SSA made blade, it is a Swedish OMEGA

I have a 7/8 razor like the one in the photo (from the internet).

ssa1.jpg

ssa2.jpg

ssa3.jpg

From internet research I have come to the conclusion that it is made by SAA.
The razor, apart from ESKILSTUNA SWEEDEN and the two stars, does not write anything else.
It doesn't even have anything written on its case (it's a simple red paper case).
I would be very interested in any information you may have or any thoughts on this, thank you very much!

@StGReeK definitely an SSA, it is very thinly ground and the frosted Eskilstuna and stars are a dead give away. No one else that I know of used an etching to mark their make on their razors in Eskilstuna other than SSA. Since I started this thread, I've owned at least 5 SSA's and many suspected SSA's. If you find a razor with no makers mark, but in the shape and with the look of a swedish razor you're likely, but not guaranteed to have an SSA. Most of the one's I find are 4/8-5/8, this 7/8 is a true anomaly and looks amazing. Enjoy!

Hi @Luecke2326. I’ve two KIFA razors that I got from an old military box with medical instruments. Since I don’t use razors myself I browsed the web, found this community and your thread. So if you still like Swedish razors and want these ones I happily send them to you.

Attachments

• 7C1D2D32-9D4B-4BBA-A4D8-501A9DF9F44C.jpeg
    7C1D2D32-9D4B-4BBA-A4D8-501A9DF9F44C.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 25
Top Bottom