What's new

Shoe shine, Sir?

I didn't polish any shoes today, but did about all the shoe maintenance I now do today...I washed a couple of pairs of boots with Simple Green and running water in the utility sink. After they dried, I painted on a heavy coat of neats foot oil and let it soak in.

When this thread started I found myself throwing the shoe shine kit in the garbage can unfortunately, my beloved brush bought in the basement level of the BHV back in the early 2000's and so on, so out I went and new stuff were purchased , a good brush, some extra shoelace (except the one I really do need) and so on.

View attachment 1592234

Yes there is an easy shine, not so great product compared to what I used to have but it will do for now and yes it might be cheating but this is an easy way to get the shine back midweek after a rain or what's not.

And with all of that I got old trusty out of the purgatory and gave them a go around. This was purchased sometimes in 2003 or 04 in France and spent the last couple of years alone in the dark of the Texas heat. The inside vrai cuir insole is still in. Clearly the years of neglect have taken their toll, but they still fits like a glove. Now if I could find shoelaces for them.

View attachment 1592240View attachment 1592241

As for those it might be too late ...

View attachment 1592245
I'll be out of the office for the next 2 weeks, so times to take care of the footwear.

The boots have been worn 4 days a week for the last 8 month the brown shoes just got out of the cobbler for a shine and more importantly a resole, now I need to figure out laces for them as for the black one, there is a need for a shine and laces, they might look dull but already got a coat of conditioner.

IMG-1270.jpg
IMG-1286.jpg

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Owen:
Since my early Army days (and beyond), it's always been Kiwi, then Parade Gloss. Then, later in my career I started using Linclon, and then Angelus and finally settling upon Saphir (in both blk & bwn polishes). Shoeshine Image.jpg

Shoe Shine.jpg "You can't buy happiness, but you can buy [shoe] polish...and that's kind of the same thing". Author Unknown

Top Bottom