What's new

Shaving Market

Legion

Staff member
Heads up if you are doing some shopping. I just got a case of Arko from Shaving Market, and they seemed to be about the cheapest game in town. you also get 10% off your purchase if you sign on for spam. I haven't checked the prices on the other stuff they sell, but the communication was good, and the shipping pretty quick.

Legion

Staff member
Twelve sticks... That’s a life sentence.
LOL. I don't really rotate soaps anymore, and Arko is my main go-to. The scent doesn't really bother me, and IMO it represents about best bang for buck, performance wise.

My absolute favourite soap is DR Harris Arlington. But it's about 8x more expensive, with no advantage other than a nicer smell and a plastic tube. I can't justify that.

LOL. I don't really rotate soaps anymore, and Arko is my main go-to. The scent doesn't really bother me, and IMO it represents about best bang for buck, performance wise.

My absolute favourite soap is DR Harris Arlington. But it's about 8x more expensive, with no advantage other than a nicer smell and a plastic tube. I can't justify that.
Arlington is one of my favorites too. The refill puck isn’t too bad but the stick is quite pricey. Handy for travel. The matching balm is nice too.

While starting out I accumulated quite a few expensive soaps as I was trying everything out. The novelty has worn off a little now and I doubt that I will spend that much again in future. The humble Palmolive cream works as well as anything else. It’s dirt cheap, smells fine and is locally available. What’s not to like?

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Arlington is one of my favorites too. The refill puck isn’t too bad but the stick is quite pricey. Handy for travel.

While starting out I accumulated quite a few expensive soaps as I was trying everything out. The novelty has worn off a little now and I doubt that I will spend that much again in future. The humble Palmolive cream works as well as anything else. It’s dirt cheap, smells fine and is locally available. What’s not to like?
Yeah, until recently I’d been slowly working my way through my hoard I’d collect in the early days. I like to face lather soap, so sticks are best, but I have been cutting pucks in half, wrapping them in foil, and turning them into sticks just to use them up.

Yeah, until recently I’d been slowly working my way through my hoard I’d collect in the early days. I like to face lather soap, so sticks are best, but I have been cutting pucks in half, wrapping them in foil, and turning them into sticks just to use them up.
Running down the stash takes a long time. I’m focusing on the creams before I turn my attention to the soaps. I’ve gotten rid of everything that’s not quite perfect and still have abound 16 tubs left to work through. I’m probably good for the next five years.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
It is very difficult to try and get through soaps. I have quite a few that I bought a few years ago and they have not seen the light of day since I bought them. I was going to 3017 a few but I have not even tried that yet. Trying not to purchase anymore but it is hard not to.

Top Bottom