What's new

Shavette And Barber Razor Enthusiast (SABRE) group

Would this razor from Aliexpress (saphoo) work with an injector blade ?

shavette.PNG

I tried this half blade Shavette from Aliexpress. It has an edge angle that helps you keep the blade at the right angle position. It has also covers the blade corners. I can say that I got an excellent shave, almost autopilot mode. I highly recommend it.

This is not a copy of Focus Slim shavette although the head is very similar in design. I felt like cheating when I saw the wonderful shave result. I just followed the edge angle. If the tail was a bit longer it would be excellent.

When I think that I got four excellent Shavettes from Aliexpress for 25 usd in total, it is a bit hard to believe for myself too.

PXL_20240514_163755705~2.jpg

Hello Peeps.

I have not been around as I have been spending every spare moment learning some new software (and some other bits). I also spent some time using my Fatips, but then I went back to shavette shaves. I had a week of very nice shaves with the Feather SR, and then for the past few shaves I have been back on the Ali Byikli cheapies, which I am still infatuated with. To my shame, I still haven't got around to using the Feather DX I bought!

20240505_174641.jpg

20240511_142643.jpg

I have been getting a few weepers recently, but I think is just down to getting a bit sloppy on my technique! Overall though, the shaves have been excellent all round.

Interesting to see that those Focus clones are good shavers. I think the way they hold the blade is completely different, but that doesn't stop them being good of course!

That Weck Med Prep razor looks lovely, although I am thankfully RAD free for the moment, for the first time in a long time!

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
Hello Peeps.

I have not been around as I have been spending every spare moment learning some new software (and some other bits). I also spent some time using my Fatips, but then I went back to shavette shaves. I had a week of very nice shaves with the Feather SR, and then for the past few shaves I have been back on the Ali Byikli cheapies, which I am still infatuated with. To my shame, I still haven't got around to using the Feather DX I bought!

View attachment 1846337

View attachment 1846338

I have been getting a few weepers recently, but I think is just down to getting a bit sloppy on my technique! Overall though, the shaves have been excellent all round.

Interesting to see that those Focus clones are good shavers. I think the way they hold the blade is completely different, but that doesn't stop them being good of course!

That Weck Med Prep razor looks lovely, although I am thankfully RAD free for the moment, for the first time in a long time!
Thanks mate and it's good to see you back 👍.

I tried this half blade Shavette from Aliexpress. It has an edge angle that helps you keep the blade at the right angle position. It has also covers the blade corners. I can say that I got an excellent shave, almost autopilot mode. I highly recommend it.

This is not a copy of Focus Slim shavette although the head is very similar in design. I felt like cheating when I saw the wonderful shave result. I just followed the edge angle. If the tail was a bit longer it would be excellent.

When I think that I got four excellent Shavettes from Aliexpress for 25 usd in total, it is a bit hard to believe for myself too.

View attachment 1846254
I haven't used a Focus so thought it was a clone, but I wasn't sure.
Glad you enjoyed your shave, though.

I had a rough shave last night with a DX clone, big cut on my chin!

Would this razor from Aliexpress (saphoo) work with an injector blade ?

View attachment 1845393
The problem with these razors is that they are unbranded, so it's very hard to identify them. Someone called it KureNai GF35, but I honestly don't know where that name came from. It's not in any of the 3 razors I bought, but for consistency I've also keep calling it by that name.

I think Saphoo is one of the stores that sells quality items. So I would say it doesn't work with injector blades.
I'm saying this because the version sold by Maggard, that says it takes injector blades, is a terrible DE shavette (too much exposure) and a terrible injector shavette (it's not made for it and the blade doesn't sit right).
So, I wouldn't buy this kind of razor for injector blades.

You can use the Sedef/Ali Biyikli razors for injector blades. This is a very versatile razor, even though it will be hard to put the blade in, but it does work.
I only recommend the Sedef for experienced shavers. I went from hating it to find it pretty interesting, but I don't think it's a razor you can just pick up if you haven't been shavette shaving for some time.

I haven't used a Focus so thought it was a clone, but I wasn't sure.
Glad you enjoyed your shave, though.

I had a rough shave last night with a DX clone, big cut on my chin!
What blade did you use?
The problem with these razors is that they are unbranded, so it's very hard to identify them. Someone called it KureNai GF35, but I honestly don't know where that name came from. It's not in any of the 3 razors I bought, but for consistency I've also keep calling it by that name.

I think Saphoo is one of the stores that sells quality items. So I would say it doesn't work with injector blades.
I'm saying this because the version sold by Maggard, that says it takes injector blades, is a terrible DE shavette (too much exposure) and a terrible injector shavette (it's not made for it and the blade doesn't sit right).
So, I wouldn't buy this kind of razor for injector blades.

You can use the Sedef/Ali Biyikli razors for injector blades. This is a very versatile razor, even though it will be hard to put the blade in, but it does work.
I only recommend the Sedef for experienced shavers. I went from hating it to find it pretty interesting, but I don't think it's a razor you can just pick up if you haven't been shavette shaving for some time.
Thank you. I have 4 Biyikli razors and they are very nice. I have tried with an injector blade, Ac blade and A77 Chinese blade. They work well.

I have read that there is a brand that makes injector Shavettes, called Sanguine if I am not mistaken. The alternative is Irwing razor.

Shavette : Universal Lama Intera
Blade : Bic (2nd)
Soap : Proraso Green
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
As : Nivea Deep

Photo is for shavette illustration. I don't think I will ever buy another DE full blade shavette. Because this one is excellent. Somehow it makes the sharpest blade like Bic for example to feel "dull" at its 2nd shave.

Are you looking guys to buy other shavettes ?

Right now I wanna try a Weck Sextoblade, a Focus Slim and a Feather Dx. And maybe have a backup of the 2 razors I got from aliexpress, the A77 generic one and the new halfblade vesion which similar to Focus slim head design. Probably I want to try the Focus slim first as I have plenty of De blades.

pxl_20240511_061234364-jpg.1844220

Shavette : Universal Lama Intera
Blade : Bic (2nd)
Soap : Proraso Green
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow
As : Nivea Deep

Photo is for shavette illustration. I don't think I will ever buy another DE full blade shavette. Because this one is excellent. Somehow it makes the sharpest blade like Bic for example to feel "dull" at its 2nd shave.

Are you looking guys to buy other shavettes ?

Right now I wanna try a Weck Sextoblade, a Focus Slim and a Feather Dx. And maybe have a backup of the 2 razors I got from aliexpress, the A77 generic one and the new halfblade vesion which similar to Focus slim head design. Probably I want to try the Focus slim first as I have plenty of De blades.

pxl_20240511_061234364-jpg.1844220
I don't like Focus Slim. It is ... slim. With wider "blade" on face it is much easier to feel the wright angle. With Slim I get more nicks due un-proper shaving angle.

There are slim A77 razors on Ali. On pictures it is hard to tell the size. But they are small. Don't like them either.

Top Bottom