What's new

Shavemac D01 brush

I was thinking about picking one of these up in a 24mm knot/56mm loft.
I primarily use an assortment of creams, and was wondering about its performance. If any of you guys have any experience with this grade of brush from shavemac, please post your impressions. thanks in advance.

I was thinking about picking one of these up in a 24mm knot/56mm loft.
I primarily use an assortment of creams, and was wondering about its performance. If any of you guys have any experience with this grade of brush from shavemac, please post your impressions. thanks in advance.

You won't be disappointed Andy. In fact, I own a 25mm Custom D01 and love it...I recently posted a Thread here and did a comparison (towards the end of the thread) on it versus the Thater...you'll see picture of it and how it shaves (IMO of course).

I love this brush so much that bought 2 more (non-D01s) from Bernd at Shavemac...a 23mm and a 24mm. I will get it Monday, hopefully.

Go for it...you ill love it...Good backbone, ultra soft tips and very, very dense. The D01 knots compared with regular Silvertip is:

24mm knot: 20 gram to 26 gram.
25 mm knot: 22 gram to 29 gram

Cheers,
Robert

Shavemac D01 is great, but definitely email Bernd and ask for a custom shortened loft!
56mm is way too long in my opinion.
I would vote 45mm-50mm, depending on how much backbone you prefer in a brush.
Don't forget that you can also specify the brush shape - bulb or fan.
I prefer bulb shaped brushes, but fan shaped brushes really perform spectacularly with soaps.

Amazing amazing amazing. I use my D01 almost exclusively over my Simpson Duke 3, Rooney, Shavemac finest, and silvertip. It is in a class of its own. A real SBAD killer.

I've had it for a few months now so it is fully broken in and now I'd agree with Hunter in that 56 is too long. I would lean towards 50.

Also, mine is a 22mm knot and it feels and looks like a MUCH bigger brush than even my 26mm SM silvertip because it has so much more hair. I would recommend going 22mm at most, and even that is very decadent and eats up a lot of product, which is a terrible waste since i only have enough soap hoarded to last me 50 years :lol:.

Amazing amazing amazing. I use my D01 almost exclusively over my Simpson Duke 3, Rooney, Shavemac finest, and silvertip. It is in a class of its own. A real SBAD killer.

I've had it for a few months now so it is fully broken in and now I'd agree with Hunter in that 56 is too long. I would lean towards 50.

Also, mine is a 22mm knot and it feels and looks like a MUCH bigger brush than even my 26mm SM silvertip because it has so much more hair. I would recommend going 22mm at most, and even that is very decadent and eats up a lot of product, which is a terrible waste since i only have enough soap hoarded to last me 50 years :lol:.

The face feel is a real important point here. I have D01 brush with a 21mm knot and a 48mm loft. It is uber-soft, even moreso than a Rooney Heritage. The weird thing is that this brush feels "bigger" on my face than a Chubby 2 with a 28mm knot/52mm loft! Be careful on sizing or you may end up with a brush that feels much larger than the sizing indicates.

D01 brushes are in a class of their own and you should end up loving yours!

My first decent brush was a D01 21mm/50mm. I love it and it hasn't shed a single hair!! It is lovely and soft for every day shaving but has plenty of backbone and you can get a good scrub if required on a few days of beard growth.

Its a sensational brush.

proxy.php

Cheers

Last edited:
Top Bottom