What's new

Shavemac 30mm Best Badger vs Simpson Chubby 3 Best Badger

If we are talking 2-band hair then it is a different story in which case I prefer Rooney's and Shavemac's to Simpson's.

+1
Nothing against Simpson 2 band, but Rooney, Shavemac and possibly Morris and Fordran (I don't have mine yet) are the best regarded 2 bands. Plisson's nice but lacks density.

That's grandstanding as it's called here in Australia. And sadly I think Gary Young's presence here brought out the grandstanders. It's a sad reflection on this site that he felt he had to leave. Just my opinion.

It's no reflection on this site - please don't think that. It is more a case of a UK forum who really went to town on me yesterday and the presence of members on here who also post on the UK site. Don't feel I can make comments without then being ridiculed and over analysed in the UK - which frankly is ridiculous that they want to do it in the first place!

I will add something regarding Simpson QA issues. Look at the depth of range of Simpson brushes, not just the styles but the hair grade available. This is something that has always been a plus point of the brand. Now look at the number of brushes being produced. I agree with the comment made that the volumes they are having to produce at the moment are huge. Believe me when I say if this 'boom' had been in our days I am sure that brushes would have got through that would not have been 'usual standard'. It's human nature to always remember the bad experience over the good. I had a nice long chat with Mark yesterday and things are being sorted. He holds the Simpson name very dear - that was more than evident yesterday. I think we can expect great things. And no, I don't have a vested interest in the current setup, just a love of the name that I can see on my family tree.

Oh and by the way, looking at the title of this thread I would say Chubby!:tongue_sm

Gary

Top Bottom