What's new

Share Your Whipped Dog Sight Unseen Razor.

So, like a lot of us, I started out with(and continue to use) one of Whipped Dog's "Sight-Unseen" razors. Since it seems like this is a common enough occurrence, I thought it would be cool to share. I apologize if this thread already exists somewhere else.

For those who don't know, the proprietor of the company buys old but good razors, gives them a hone and cleans them, then sells them for a low enough price that new or budget-conscious shavers can easily afford to own one. They aren't buffed up or polished, just clean and functional, so don't be surprised to see some patina or the like. Please, no criticism or negative posts. Please specify if your razor was a Sight-Partially-Seen, Sight-Unseen, or a Flawed Sight-Unseen razor. I look forward to seeing what you've all got!

Sight-Unseen:

Schmactenberg Bros.
Solingen, Germany.

My WD Sight Unseen is a Kleen Kutter. The stamp says "L. West, Warranted" but I admit I know nothing about dating SRs, so I have no idea how old it is. The stamped plastic scales would seem to suggest that it is newer, though.

Love the idea for this thread!

View attachment 671253

proxy.php

Could not be happier with my razor and the poor man strop kit. I've been a DE guy for awhile and straights intimidated me, now I'm hooked!

Here are mine from Larry(Whipped Dog).$image.jpg They are all exellent razors, not The best looking but they really get The job done.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 87

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
My WD Sight Unseen is a Kleen Kutter. The stamp says "L. West, Warranted" but I admit I know nothing about dating SRs, so I have no idea how old it is. The stamped plastic scales would seem to suggest that it is newer, though.

Love the idea for this thread!

View attachment 671253

You sure they are plastic? They look like pressed horn to me. Nice razor.

They feel like they could be plastic, but I'll admit i have nothing to compare them too. If i had something i knew was pressed horn, then i could compare, otherwise im just guessing

Top Bottom