What's new

SEptember is here! Single Edge Shaving

GEM OCMM
Personna Stainless (2)
Mike's Natural Soaps Barbershop
Alum
Clubman

I had some weirdness with my SE blade two days ago and got a lot of irritation with not a lot of whisker cutting. So my face is still recovering and I had some irritation today - felt fine after an hour or two. I've only had 5 SE shaves so far so I'm still trying to get the hang of this. But I'm determined. My first two shaves were actually pretty good.

Starting off the month with my ER 1924 and Treet carbon steel. 2 shaves in (skipped Saturday) and I've been awfully smooth so far this month. :thumbup:

GEM Contour II w/ GEM SS (3)
Speick SS
Bestshave #6 Horse
Aqua Velva

I hadn't used the Conour II in quite some time but was pleasantly surprised by it. I think it may be the least aggressive razor GEM ever built, but I got a nice smooth DFS. I love it when razor's that have gone unused give me shaves that make me wonder why I neglected it in the first place!

GEM OCMM
Personna Stainless (3)
Vintage Erskine with original badger knot
DR Harris Windsor SS & AS.

Delibrately aimed for SAS and got a little DFS here and there. Some irritation still, but not bad. Could have let my skin rest today, but where's the fun in that?:001_rolle

Giving the face a rest today after finding yesterdays shave with the Valet was a little close. The blade had only been used for two shaves and I'm sure a Feather should last longer ... I felt blunt and nasty ... how long does a Feather Blade last for you?
I will try the same blade again tomorrow to see if it's me or the blade at fault ;]

SEptember Shave 2

Schick type G, Chinese Schick blade, Benton Clay Vetiver Paradisi, Vie long 12705

Quite brilliant shave. Smoothest ATG I've ever had.

Valet again and it's just too aggressive for my face ... the old blade was replaced and I started off gently with no pressure but it was no fun and i gave up and got out the Fatboy. Not sure if it was the razor or the soap or the technique but it wasn't nice, i have some burn in places and a few weepers ... ouch

OCMM
Walgreen's Gem blade

Still going strong, 6 shaves in on the Walgreen's blade. I expect another 6 or 7 shaves out of this blade.

Two day growth this morning disappeared quickly and effortlessly with the Clog-Pruf.

Definitely BBS, with the PELLA blade on Shave 2. Finished it with Clubman AS and yes, Hair Tonic, plus the Talc.

Wasn't thinking about SE September when i broke out my GEM 1912 and SS blade from Walgreens the other day...atleast consciously. I've always favored the carbon blades from CVS, and after the first shave with the GEM SS it just seemed a little more harsh than I cared for, so I put in a carbon blade for comparison. Hands down, the CVS blade feels better to me. I'll put up with needing to dry the blade off after each use for a better shave.

OCMM
Walgreen's Gem blade
Simpson Duke3 in Best
Trumper Coconut ss
Avon Black Suede as

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
$MMgroup.jpg

After the Contour, needed some (Tim Taylor sound here) oomph. So many Micromatics, so little time ... I have the OC's in a couple different of the deco cases ..

SEptember Shave 3

In a hurry so lathered with KMF Mint, and had 2 xtg passes only withe the Schick G. Still got better than Socially Acceptable.

SEptember Shave 4

Stick with the Schick. 3rd shave on blade. Tried bowl lathering for first time in months. I started with overloading VDH Deluxe and while it looked good, it lacked any slick whatsoever. Generous helping of KMF sorted that out for a wonderful lather. Face felt slightly less loved though.

Schick still going strong. 3 pass CCS with no effort and no irritation.
Can't keep on like this, the GEMs, Stars and Ever Readys will revolt!

Top Bottom