What's new

Semogue Saturdays!

So, what about another shaving theme, but this time, for a single day of the week? Semogue is known for their amazing boar brushes, and one of the best mixture knots :)badger: and 🐗 ).

PA151575.jpg

xngoy27coi491.jpg

Many of us, own a ton of brushes, many don't, but at least, on Saturday we can use any kind of Semogue we want!

Who's in? :thumbsup:

Actually, I'm John...:biggrin1:
I have the 830 and the cherry SOC. My personal "top" boar may surprise some people with tomorrow's post!

Ups 😹

You have some of the best boars around...The 830 is my personal favorite to use with creams. The softness is unmatched!!! On the other hand, the SOC is a workhorse once is fully broken.

But I advise you to consider the Mixture brush. Is superb!

Love my Smooj brushes. Currently rather digging the little 610s. The handles actually feel and look like a quality product, which certain other boar brush makers could take a lesson from.

My two 610s pictured here with the loftier 820 on the right. All lovely little brushes.
View attachment 1580115

Lovely trio right there! I do own the 830, which is the same brush as the 820, but with badger look bristles. The other 2, are one of the best brushes for face lathering. I don't have none of them, but I know some friends who do, and they LOVE it!

They are fairly new, aren't they?

New Years Eve Day
The final day of GRUME, 2022...Still In 💪

Decem🐽 🐷 🐖 🐗, 2022 completed​

SV Saturday
Inaugural Semogue Saturday

Rockwell 6S, plate 4 with generic aluminum handle
Astra Platinum (7)
Semogue 830
Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia

PXL_20221230_175731781.jpg

I want to say special thanks to all the thread sponsors for your leadership roles this year.
@FoolishMortal in GRUME
@SharpieB for DecemBOAR
@Guido75 for Muhle Mondays
@Smooth and Sharp for MdC Mondays
@Rusty Blade for the SWS
@Mike M for SV Mondays
@Balin for Synthetic Sundays!
@JAHE for Tallow Tabac Tuesdays
@FoolishMortal for Arko August
@BigJ for Shark Week
@DavidN88 for Semogue Saturdays...made it in the last day of the year!

Sorry for others that I am not remembering at this time. AND a special thanks to a GREAT BUNCH OF GUYS that have made B&B one of the most special places on the internet.

In 2023, I look forward to begin GRUYERE initiated by @KQY61.
365 Shaves in 2023 started by @Leverspro is looking for prospects that are daily shavers. Here is a link.

SPECIAL NOTES FOR THE DecemBOAR CLAN:
OK. I am a native of the state of Arkansas and lived there 60+ years.
There are no major league sports teams in the state. In Arkansas, sports fans are united behind one team...THE ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS, affectionately referred to as the "HOGS". In good years and not so good years, Arkansans remain loyal to our beloved Hogs. Calling the Hogs is WOOOOOOOOOOOOH...PIGGGGEEE...SOOOOIE!!! (WPS)
So, it has been a special honor to be a part of all you "piggie" fans this month!
I am now a resident in Louisiana. I also have a legitimate claim as a LSU fan because my father was a running back with the LSU Tigers. Go Tigers!
wp1936544.jpg

BOAR BRUSHES USED THIS MONTH:

PXL_20221230_171751095.jpg
PXL_20221230_171844374.jpg

(L to R) Semogue 830, currently #1 on my list. Omega 13564, surprisingly #2. Semogue SOC, needs more training. Omega "Italian", a great brush for Italian theme shaves. Zenith2004, easy to break in but small and the knot is not very dense. Omega 13564, way too small and stiff for my taste.

That wraps up 2022. Thanks and 🍻🥂 for a new year!
John

vhJg7Mx (1).jpeg

💈 SOTD - 31.12.2022 💈

🪒 Gillette Fat Flat Bottom Tech
🔪 Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (6)
🖌️ Semogue SOC Boar
🧼 DG Massacre of the Innocents
🧴 Thayers Witch Hazel + Nivea Sensitive Cool ASL + Cerave Moisturiser cream + Nivea Sensitive Balm + Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb Extreme

So this is it...The year comes to an end, and as DecemBOAR. I hand't any kind of expectations, or even it was in my mind that I'd be daily shaving or even daily posting here all my SOTD.
But once I realised how good and fine gents were all of you, I couldn't leave this thread anymore.
Before this challenge, I had a few posts on B&B, but now, guess what? I'm on the fence for every theme here! :joy

This last shave of the year was combined with the Semogue Saturday, so I had to pull the big guns out.

I remember about complaining on how this brush was eating lather crazy, but our friend @GNR (GNR is the name of the local Police force on every district in Portugal! :D) told me about the required steps to fully break in the SOC. I was about to give up on this, but thank god I didn't.
Truly marvel to face lather with this beautiful, ergonomic, soft and remarkable brush!

I have this MOTI for almost 9 months, and it's the most beautiful scent I ever smelled on a soap...I know it's inspire on Herod by Parfums de Marly, and man, this thing it's just above anything when it comes to the scent.
The performance is superb, with this Milksteak base. Great cushioning, protection, slickness, and the post-shave is near perfect!

I was a synthetic lad before this DecemBOAR, but now I've my hear divided...The little boars can definitely caught us, and once they got into rotation, they will deliver all the love that we give to them.

At the end, my rank for the boars is:

1- Zenith 506
2- Semogue SOC Mistura
3- Semogue SOC Boar
4 - Omega Pro 48
5 - Semogue 830

The 830 could be ranked higher, but I don't use creams as often as I use soaps, so it's a bit hard to load a soap properly with the little bud.
The Omega Pro 48 it's wonderful, but I hope that the Proraso Professional will take his place in the coming months :)

So that's it for this year...I wish you all of you, a great last day of this year! For me was a good year, but the final weeks weren't what I was expecting that it would be, due the loss of my grandma 🙏
So, enjoy every possible moment with your family, the best way you could do, no matter what!

Have a wonerful NYE, and I wish you a 2023 full of sucess, health and joy!

For those who want to, don't forget about Semogue Saturdays :)

David

Yes it is, from 2018. The others are L-R from 2019, 2016, and 2011, all two band finest👍

What's your thoughts on the finest knots? Probably you like it a lot, otherwise it would make any sense to have 4 of the same kind of knot, but still... 😂

That TSN LE is one of the most beautiful brushes ever made from Mr Gomes. It's sad that Semogue doesn't use the same handle on a new brush, but looks like the company doesn't care a bit about what their costumers say around the globe.

I don't own any Finest Badger (probably will change very soon), but I have the Mistura knot, and it's a joy to face lather with.

Top Bottom