What's new

Semogue 1520 appreciation thread

will a boar brush like the 1520 not give those of us with sensitive skin...? i get brush burn from pure badger....

The answer is, probably.

Boar bristle, over time softens considerably - particularly the tips. You could go back and read boar threads over the years and find many dozens of posts where boar users can't believe how soft their broken in boar has become.

Certainly that was the case for me, when I bought my first boar, an Omega Pro 49 as an alternative to my previous brush - a Tweezerman (also known as an Escali) pure badger. Yet the first lathers with the Omega Pro, didn't seem like it would hold lather and if it didn't scratch my face like the pure brush, it certainly wasn't soft. Yet after the first week, it became softer and a week later it was well on it's way to becoming an enjoyable knot.

I still occasionally use this amazing knot years later. I'd recommend picking up an inexpensive boar - either Semogue, Omega or Zenith and see if it's for you.

The answer is, probably.

Boar bristle, over time softens considerably - particularly the tips. You could go back and read boar threads over the years and find many dozens of posts where boar users can't believe how soft their broken in boar has become.

Certainly that was the case for me, when I bought my first boar, an Omega Pro 49 as an alternative to my previous brush - a Tweezerman (also known as an Escali) pure badger. Yet the first lathers with the Omega Pro, didn't seem like it would hold lather and if it didn't scratch my face like the pure brush, it certainly wasn't soft. Yet after the first week, it became softer and a week later it was well on it's way to becoming an enjoyable knot.

I still occasionally use this amazing knot years later. I'd recommend picking up an inexpensive boar - either Semogue, Omega or Zenith and see if it's for you.

Thx, i just might do that one day :w00t:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
full

Top Bottom