What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

Ever-Ready Streamline • Gem SS PTFE
IMG_20240510_060945387.jpg

Brush: RV “Duke Style Handle” (love this handle) @Rudy Vey 27mm Longshaving

If anyone is looking for a very high end brush have @Rudy Vey make you a handle and get a Longshaving knot installed for around $240.00 they is not a better quality brush made today.

Blade: Feather 🪶 (1), is there anything better than a Feather on the first use? No

Soap: GD “Vetiver” Aion Maxima, this is probably my favorite of the Aion Maxima Soaps
I have 3 tubs of this one

Razor: Paradigm Tiback for $315.00 it would hard to find a better Titanium razor

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

💯🥇💯🥇

IMG_4166.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Friday, May 10th

Razor : Yaqi Romulus 316 SSP SE 50mm + a Yaqi Chippendale 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2023>, tame to mid range depending on blade or shim used. Machining and finish QC great for my shaving needs + .006 gap works well for myself. Kai Captain mild blades work well and for what ever reason they last longer in this razor! One of my go to razors and performance is excellent . Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning.
Blade : Kai Captain Mild (9) sharp and smoooth with excellent longevity. One of the best 50mm blades for AC type razor heads IMO.
Soap : La Toja stick, mild natural smoke scent from manufacturing + excellent lather qualities using a synthetic IMO.
Brush :Yaqi " Panda" 24mm Tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, Cloud like soft tips, great splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Italian barber Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable stellar shave this morning with my Yaqi Romulus SE with a Kai Captain mild. Amazing how the Kai blade is performing with the Romulus, I will push the blade a little more to see the boundaries of these blade (I use to toss Kai mild blades after 6 uses but the last 2 blades I'm getting 8 great + shaves!).
SOTD May 10 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Forest City Fern
Aftershave: Seaforth! Heather Aftershave Toner
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm
20240222_081821.jpg