What's new

SE SOTD- What was your tool of choice today?

GEM OCMM, GEM Stainless (4). I used to favor my OCMM over my other GEMs, but I think my 1912 gives me closer shaves now. Still, I had a very comfortable shave today.

GEM OCMM, GEM Stainless (4). I used to favor my OCMM over my other GEMs, but I think my 1912 gives me closer shaves now. Still, I had a very comfortable shave today.

I agree, I think the OCMM is capable of a close shave, but it's so intrinsically harsh, IMO. A 1912 of any stripe can give as close a shave as you can get once you learn the trick of it. For me, using a 1912 with a WTG-XTG 2-pass shave gets me BBS (even on the neck)

Hard to believe the design is a hundred years old...kind of makes you wonder what we've been doing the last century...

First shave with a GEM OCMM today. Also my first shave with the Gem Stainless Coated blades from Connaught. Lots of new all at once, but it took out 5 days worth of growth in 2 passes. Switched to the Clog Pruf for the 3rd pass. SE's, man! The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is how to get these big ol' razors under my nose.. went side-to-side today, and that worked out OK.

I have an Injector on the way, and couldn't be more excited to try it.. OK, then that'll be it for new razors.. right?

I can finally participate in this thread. Today was also my first-ever SE shave.

Kampfe Bros Star Safety Razor with original Wedge blade. I'll be grabbing for it tomorrow since it's the only razor I own, haha

Wilkinson Empire, modded Gem SS/PTFE blade

proxy.php

Friday

Schick E Injector
Pella blade
Moss Scuttle
Semogue 620
Em's Place Lavender soap
Alum block
Witch hazel
Master Bay Rum

Top Bottom