What's new

SCS open for business.

I just emailed you. It is done. You were my reminder to add to the site. :thumbup: I also will be adding the Bulgarian Rose EDT and I am attempting to get the Sahara and Lime Extract Milk back soon too.

My wife loved the Sahara. Smells:001_wub:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My samples shipped today. I cannot WAIT to try the Dagger EdT!

I received the full line of Dagger maybe 3 weeks or so ago, got it just before Christmas. You will love it I really struggle to put it up and use something else so I do not smell the same every day.

Good Stuff Wendy.

I received the full line of Dagger maybe 3 weeks or so ago, got it just before Christmas. You will love it I really struggle to put it up and use something else so I do not smell the same every day.

Good Stuff Wendy.

Here's the important question: How long does it take to ship to NY? :lol:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
So Wendy,

Any plans of ever having a Brick and Mortar store. I usually get to that side of the state every couple of months. It would be soooo cool to be able to stop in see all the products,:drool: have a cup of coffee etc. etc.

No hurry I probably will not be back over that way until March. :biggrin1:

I am hoping that the limited edition Sandalwood, which I think I got one of the last bottles of, will reappear before too long. It is stunning, one of the best things I own, I will be inconsolable if Wendy doesn't make any more. I was getting ready to pull the trigger on the Bulgarian Rose and that has gone missing...drat. Fingers crossed for all things good returning. Great stuff, all of it.

I agreed that the LE Sandalwood was pretty special. Such a nice pure sandalwood. Creamy goodness.

I think the Bulgarian Rose could be tweaked to be even better than it was. That Bulgarian EO was really special!

Here's the important question: How long does it take to ship to NY? :lol:

Who'd know. I have had 2 customers this week waiting almost 9 days and one last week that waited 2 weeks. Others get stuff very fast. I am less than thrilled with the USPS right now. It is probably my local office. At my Moms house we had the lady trained good. We gave her drinks and products, she gave us good service. Very rare that I had to go to PO myself. Now at my house in the same subdivision, untrainable driver. He is getting ready to retire and I think he is just plain tired. :cursing: OR MAYBE, he is just waiting for drinks and product too.

So Wendy,

Any plans of ever having a Brick and Mortar store. I usually get to that side of the state every couple of months. It would be soooo cool to be able to stop in see all the products,:drool: have a cup of coffee etc. etc.

No hurry I probably will not be back over that way until March. :biggrin1:

I am not sure what my plans are beyond this coming Sunday. :001_unsur A "real" shop would be cool but I kinda like rolling out of bed and working when I want, or taking the day off and laying by the pool. If I had a real shop I might have to work a real day, you know more than an hour or so. LOL

On a serious note. My plans are real unsure because my husband has wanted to move away from here for several years and I have had him in the holding tank because of sick parents. Now I have nothing holding me back. Not to say my parents held me back, but I guess in a way they did. I am 100% family first and I would never leave someone in need of help.

I guess before I even would consider a store I would have to be sure I am going to stay put. On thing in your favor is KC is one of our options. :thumbup1: We may look back at Ford Motor co. there in KC. He had 11 yrs in as a supervisor when they closed here. He turned them down last time they called but he could always get back in.

Otherwise it is CO or WA.....

The USPS in NYC is awful. There's no other way to put that; they're the lowest form of humanity in the city!

If it takes two weeks, it takes two weeks. No worries!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am not sure what my plans are beyond this coming Sunday. :001_unsur A "real" shop would be cool but I kinda like rolling out of bed and working when I want, or taking the day off and laying by the pool. If I had a real shop I might have to work a real day, you know more than an hour or so. LOL

On a serious note. My plans are real unsure because my husband has wanted to move away from here for several years and I have had him in the holding tank because of sick parents. Now I have nothing holding me back. Not to say my parents held me back, but I guess in a way they did. I am 100% family first and I would never leave someone in need of help.

I guess before I even would consider a store I would have to be sure I am going to stay put. On thing in your favor is KC is one of our options. :thumbup1: We may look back at Ford Motor co. there in KC. He had 11 yrs in as a supervisor when they closed here. He turned them down last time they called but he could always get back in.

Both are beautiful states. But we have barbecue. :drool:

A "real" shop would be cool but I kinda like rolling out of bed at noon and working??? when I want, or taking the day off by 1pm and laying by the pool ALL DAY. If I had a real shop I might have to work a real day, you know more than an hour or so. LOL

:thumbup1: We may look back at Ford Motor co. there in KC. He had 11 yrs in as a supervisor when they closed here. He turned them down last time they called but he could always get back in.

then you could call it KC Masterpiece Shaving.....:001_tt2:

then you could call it KC Masterpiece Shaving.....:001_tt2:

Good idea Mark. Maybe I could just have a split shop. BBQ and shave stuff. That sounds good to me. My brother keeps telling me to get a shop and let him do bike repairs out of a shop in the back. BBQ sure sounds better :drool:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Good idea Mark. Maybe I could just have a split shop. BBQ and shave stuff. That sounds good to me. My brother keeps telling me to get a shop and let him do bike repairs out of a shop in the back. BBQ sure sounds better :drool:

I can see it now. A big plate of Short Ends, and various soaps and colognes to sample why you are eating. :drool:

Look out Gates, and Arthur Bryants here comes Wendy. :scared:

I think the Bulgarian Rose could be tweaked to be even better than it was. That Bulgarian EO was really special!

Okay are we talking Rosa Damascena or the Bulgarian Rose? Both are made from the Bulgarian Rose EO but one is just Bulgarian Rose and the Rosa Damascena had other fragrances added. I am open to suggestions it is not bottled yet. Anyting to make it better, I am open to. Feel free to post or send me a PM. Thanks for any input. :thumbup1:

I can see it now. A big plate of Short Ends, and various soaps and colognes to sample why you are eating. :drool:

Look out Gates, and Arthur Bryants here comes Wendy. :scared:

If that were to happen I would have to have a good place to ride my bike to burn off the 2000 calorie lunches. :ohmy:

Okay are we talking Rosa Damascena or the Bulgarian Rose? Both are made from the Bulgarian Rose EO but one is just Bulgarian Rose and the Rosa Damascena had other fragrances added. I am open to suggestions it is not bottled yet. Anting to make it better, I am open to. Feel free to post or send me a PM. Thanks for any input. :thumbup1:

My bad. I must not be keeping up with SCS! And sorry if I continue to screw up. I have not gone back to look at the current SCS web site, for instances. Was there an SCS pure Bulgarian rose EDT? I know there were BR SCS shaving soap and ASM, but I do not recall that there was ever a pure Bulgarian rose EDT, only the Rosa Damascena, which has other fragrances added as you say. The whole line as I recall, and my recollection my be completely faulty, was called "Rosa Damascena."

<open to suggestions it is not bottled yet. Anting to make it better, I am open to.>

I ought to learn to keep quiet, I suppose! Full disclosure: Over quite a bit of time, when your Mom was working on exactly what Rosa Damascena would be, she sent me, and I am sure any number of others, samples of maybe five different rounds of the edt and the shaving soap, too, seeking my opinion. I think the exercise started as an attempt at something that was a kin to C&S 88, which was extremely difficult, I assure you. I think by the end, your Mom really decided to go a different way with the Rosa Damascena line, and to make the ASM and the SS pure BR, and to make the EDT as different from 88 as like it.

And seeking suggestions from me is probably a bad idea. I do not know that I was any help to your Mom at all. If you have her old PMs anywhere you might be able to dig out my comments on the various iterations that she sent me, and if you know what was in each iteration formula, you could reconstruct my impressions from back then. Of course, my tastes and/or scent analyzing abilities may have changed since then.

With every caveat in the world, I can give you a few thoughts now, and may be others will have others! I also had only the final version of the EDT, not of the SS or the ASM. Bear in mind that every new restaurant that has opened up that I have been wild about, seems to be closed a couple of months later (see Seinfeld, Dream Cafe episode), so you may want to go 180 degrees contrary to my tastes!

My impression may have been that your Mom took a less bold approach than the versions of the scents that I liked the most, and she may well be right to do that. I can only convey what appeals to me the most. I sure have no idea on what will appeal to most and thus sell the most units!

With all of those weasel words!:

First, I would suggest an edt that is pure BR without the other added fragrances.

Second, re SS, like I said, I do not know where you came out on them, but I remember that your Mom sent along one that was darker than others by quite a bit. That was my favorite. So rich and strong.

Third, as I said, as I recall, I preferred the bolder versions of the edt mixes of BR and other scents. I suspect that they had more frangipani than what SCS ended up using in the the edt and I am sure that was a conscious decision by your Mom.. 88 supposedly "has a fresh, woody top note of reviving and uplifting bergamot, the richness and warmth of geranium, rose otto, cassie and exotic frangipani. Combined with dry base notes of vetiver and sandalwood, . . . ." I suspect that that is far from a complete ingredient list!

You Mom thought 88 was all about the frangipani, if I recall, and she may be correct. I wonder if there are different types of frangipani out there, some which may be closer to whatever 88 uses. Cassie seems like an interesting note. I am not sure that the SCS Damascena could not use some additional "green" to it! Cassie might provide that.

Also, I am not sure that carnation would not be a good addition. Maybe some of that really nice SCS LE Sandalwood. I do not sense a lot of vetiver in 88. I am not sure how to go about "anchoring" the scent solidly. 88 has persistent darkness to it. And I have no idea what creates that. Again, 88 is a tough frag to try to copy!

Anyway, that is probably way more suggestions than you wanted, and any of the above maybe changing your Mon's vision of the scent. And I would surely test any changes before going final with anything. Also, I have no idea whether every one else that tested samples last time around gave very different feedback than I did.

Anyway, I do not think you can go wrong with a pure BR edt. Folks can always layer in what they want to. And pure Bulgarian Rose EO is a very complex scent all by itself! In any mix of fragrances, I would still think the BR should dominate, as I think it does in 88.

Hope any of that is of help! From what I can tell scentmaking is extremely difficult and even at the highest levels involves lots of trial and error, most the latter! And remember the "Dream Cafe"!

Best!

Last edited:
Wow, that is a lot of info. Note to self, "be careful what you ask for" LOL.

My plans on the BR was to eliminate the Rosa Damascena for some time. I want to stick to just a straight Bulgarian Rose, no additional notes. I have ran across so many of the test recipes that my Mom dabbled with, along with a ton of tester bottles. I also have the Rosa Damascena that I have bottled up in the past but from where I sit more people like the straight BR.

As far as I know the darker color soap is actually the Rosa Damascena. I will have to see if I can dig one up.

I also tend to make things a little stronger than my Mom did so the scent may vary some.

I am delighted to know where all that Frangipani oil came from. I have been making soap for myself and the kids. I love it.

Thank you for taking time to give all of this feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

Wow, that is a lot of info. Note to self, "be careful what you ask for" LOL.

My plans on the BR was to eliminate the Rosa Damascena for some time. I want to stick to just a straight Bulgarian Rose, no additional notes. I have ran across so many of the test recipes that my Mom dabbled with, along with a ton of tester bottles. I also have the Rosa Damascena that I have bottled up in the past but from where I sit more people like the straight BR.

As far as I know the darker color soap is actually the Rosa Damascena. I will have to see if I can dig one up.

I also tend to make things a little stronger than my Mom did so the scent may vary some.

I am delighted to know where all that Frangipani oil came from. I have been making soap for myself and the kids. I love it.

Thank you for taking time to give all of this feedback. I greatly appreciate it.

You are very welcome, Wendy! Just remember the "Dream Cafe" if you are every thinking of my advice! I think your thought to go with a pure Bulgarian Rose is right on. I might be able to find some of the old test vials and send you my fav of them so you could match it to the testers and formulas you have, but that does not sound like it would be of much help. I basically concluded that there was no way to replicate 88 and your Mom may have, too.

<Frangipani>

kind of a cute smelling scent, I agree!

<As far as I know the darker color soap is actually the Rosa Damascena.>

So, the soap I liked the best may had had the most other fragrances to it!? See you should not listen to me! I walk north and south at the same time.

<I also tend to make things a little stronger than my Mom did so the scent may vary some. >

I doubt you will have any complaints! Scentmaking is an art not a science anyway, and these scents should by all rights now bare something of your own mark on them now. I imagine that EOs and FOs vary supply to supply anyway or even change from just aging. I mean how could one batch of roses be exactly the same as another.

I hate to be asking a bunch of questions in a public forum if it is any bother to you at all, but others might be interested, too: Any idea why you all did not make a Bulgarian Lavender edt? You had shave cream and ASM in Bulgarian lavender, but no edt (or AS for that matter, but I do not care much about AS)? The Bulgarian Lavender scent, particularly in the ASM, was a fav of mine!

Top Bottom