What's new

''Screw in'' handles ?

I've got this Muhle brush: Mühle Silvertip Badger Faux Tortoise Shell Shaving Brush - https://www.gentlemanstore.eu/Muhle-Silvertip-Badger-Faux-Tortoise-Shell-Shaving-Brush

1700601242265.png

And a while back, by pure accident, i found out that it was a screw in handle. As in i can screw the knot out

Where is the best place to look for these types of handles? While it is pretty, the handle is very small, uncomfortable to hold and gets very slippery

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I've got this Muhle brush: Mühle Silvertip Badger Faux Tortoise Shell Shaving Brush - https://www.gentlemanstore.eu/Muhle-Silvertip-Badger-Faux-Tortoise-Shell-Shaving-Brush

View attachment 1752098

And a while back, by pure accident, i found out that it was a screw in handle. As in i can screw the knot out

Where is the best place to look for these types of handles? While it is pretty, the handle is very small, uncomfortable to hold and gets very slippery
Only at Muehle!

Not sure what size yours is, but they have several knot options, incl STF:
View attachment 1752119
Oh, im gonna have to check if i can get it here. Shame i'm not seeing the handles sold separately, seems like the silver one would have better grip.... I could put up with mine, though

I've been using a Yaqi Tuxedo synthetic to lather up some TOBS in a bowl. I just tried it with the ST Badger. The difference in lather is crazy! Way better with the ST. Thick, rich, slick lather. It has been very 50-50 with the Synthetic, and even when i get decent lathers, it's nothing like the Muhle

The backbone of the Yaqi is definitely better with hard soaps and bowl lathering soaps like Stirling. But creams? Natural badger seems to be the go to

Hey, so the twist off is normal and not a defect, like it isn'talso glued in? I got a new Chrome Silvertip and I noticed the brush rotating on the handle when I was lathering in my bowl for the 2nd use. Then it started rocking in the handle when I was Picasso'ing my face. I realized it was a screw top. I was pooping my pants while screaming at the skies above because I thought I broke it or got a defect. I thought they would at least glue it in.

Hey, so the twist off is normal and not a defect, like it isn'talso glued in? I got a new Chrome Silvertip and I noticed the brush rotating on the handle when I was lathering in my bowl for the 2nd use. Then it started rocking in the handle when I was Picasso'ing my face. I realized it was a screw top. I was pooping my pants while screaming at the skies above because I thought I broke it or got a defect. I thought they would at least glue it in.
Yeah, i know :) I just wanted to get a different handle for the knot. It won't get loose if it's tightened enough. Just don't tighten it too hard, bad for the hairs

Top Bottom