What's new

Scotch: Suggest my next one :

I am not new to scotch by any means and stumbled upon a bottle of 17 year Ballantines and oh yea baby. I grabbed it for a ridiculous price and it is the only Ballantines I have tried but it is outstanding!!! I have loved Macallan 12 for quite sometime and still do, but this is one of the few that I would say is on the same level for me. I would also like to know how to change the "wetshaver wannabe" under my name as that is just not the case and I have to assume will make anything I say just not carry the weight it might otherwise.

Last edited:
I see lots of people mentioning Glenmorangie. I have a bottle here with about 2 glasses worth out of it. I just don't get Glenmorangie at all. It's nice and smooth, but to me, feels overly thin and lacks in any distinctive taste. Now I'll admit I'm somewhat biased against it as I definitely favour a strong, rich flavoured scotch over the lighter, floral ones, but I've had some very pleasant lighter whiskies (for example BenRiach, if you're a fan of the lighter whiskies, I think BenRiach is one of the best out there, particularly their 12 year old), but I find Glenmorangie a bit boring. Obviously as with anything, YMMV, but anyone care to explain what they like so much about it?

Thanks everyone, I am gathering great feedback for my next bottle.

Jason, wetshaver wannabe will go away, give it time :)

My feelings exactly on Glenmorangie. A lot of people seem to like it but I prefer something darker with a little more character myself.

Top Bottom