What's new

Scent observation: MdC Original vs Monsavon au lait

I know the Monsavon au lait is not something sold or readily available in the US (bought this while in France few months ago) but I thought I would share my observation.

I received the MdC Original today. Upon opening the lid, it immediately reminded me of the Monsavon au lait. Lavender, Citrusy and Rosemary.

IMG_7273.jpg

I always liked the scent of the Monsavon so it's a good thing. Some key differences are: 1) MdC has more depth 1) MdC has a fresh/mint complexion (something listed on the jar under "menthe" (mint)) and 3) the rosemary and clove is more pronounced.

IMG_7272.jpg

I am not a chemist or a fragrance aficionado but they seem to share olfactory ingredients:

MdC

Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol

IMG_7270.jpg

Monsavon au lait

Linalool, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol

IMG_7271.jpg

Last edited:
I also get lavender on the nose with Monsavon. Check out my first review of Monsavon in post #14:

Last edited:
I also get lavender on the nose with Monsavon. Check out my first review of Monsavon in post #14:

Just read your post #14 from 2013:

Had a go with Monsavon this morning. Call it the French Williams if you must, but this cheap product, found stacked in their thin, cream colored plastic, cellophane wrapped bowls in every little market, is a fine performer. The first scent is lavender followed by something sweet and almond like. May have a little rosemary like its much more expensive countrysoap, MdC (I won't continue with that comparison!).

So it's not just me. :)

Top Bottom